chapter twelve | fuck steve rogers

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓
CHAPTER TWELVE
fuck steve rogers
┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓CHAPTER TWELVEfuck steve rogers ┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━

(episode one - new world order)

THE SWEAT SOMEHOW found a home in almost every crevice of her body as Diana finished another demonstration. Her muscles screamed at her and her lungs were tight. She wondered why she got into the business in the first place anyways. She demonstrated another series of punches and dodges for her attentive class before she looked around at the group of teens. Her eyes narrowed and lifted her chin.

"Miguel," she addressed the kid, making his ears perk as he straightened up, they were all sitting on the floor in a row, all were attentive but Miguel had a distinct glazed-over look in his eyes that was only there when he was zoned out, "I want you to demonstrate what you've learned today."

Diana leaned over, picked up a spare towel, and turned it into a standing mannequin. When she scouted out boxing gyms and karate dojos, it was one of the few things that the building had in common. Miguel tried to hide his huff but Diana's ears were fine-tuned to listen to things like this.

She stepped off to the side to observe the student, but a ring of the bell at the door interrupted everyone's attention in the small room. Diana didn't have the best spot for her gym, but she also didn't have the money for a warehouse, unlike other places.

The ringing stopped and soon the tapping of a cane followed up as the man tried to find a seat with no purchase.

"Okay, Miguel, scratch that, everyone breaks off into pairs and do your warm-up exercises together," Diana instructed before walking off to the man she's only interacted with once or twice months ago.

Her mind raced through everything she could think of to reason why he could be here, but nothing came up. She suddenly became aware of her racing heart and dripping sweat. She pulled a couple of stones out and turned them into a towel, wiping at her forehead after.

"A blind lawyer walks into a boxing gym," Matt finally spoke up, a smile on his face as he heard her approach, his head tilted to the side as he stared off in her general direction.

"Mr. Murdock," Diana grinned, "nice to see you again, though I feel bad asking what brought the visit."

Matt chuckled as he nodded and tapped his way over to the nearby counter.

"Well," Matt started, pulling up the suitcase that she had just noticed he had in his other hand, "there's some paperwork from Mr. Barnes' case that hasn't been signed by you as a witness to his uh— incidents as the Winter Soldier."