chapter one | back in the fray

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓
CHAPTER ONE
back in the fray
┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓CHAPTER ONEback in the fray ┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━

DESPITE THE OVERCAST sky, Diana could still feel a coat of sweat over her whole body as she continued to rake out the goat poop in their pen. It was becoming a problem for the goats when they got it stuck in their hooves. It was the quiet muttering rolling down the hill that brought her attention up to the king that approached her with Okoye, the head general of their most elite fight squad and another member of the Wakandan army.

The soldier whose dreads were up in a ponytail carried a case, he approached the wagon that Bucky was slinging hay onto and set the case down, he opened it for the king before he went back to stand at attention. Diana set her rake up against the wooden fence and hopped it. She was curious as to what was happening and she gave Okoye a smile and a wave before looking at T'Challa.

"What's up, guys?" Diana asked, pinching her eyebrows together when she saw Bucky's pained face as he looked at the contents of the case. Diana stepped over, leaning around the tall man's body to see the vibranium arm that awaited to be attached to the man in front of her, "oh."

Something was happening, it was like rocks formed in her gut and gravity was pulling them to the earth as she looked up at T'Challa. He didn't have a pitiful look but that only made Diana feel slightly better.

"Where's the fight?" Bucky asked, he knew all too well what was happening too.

Diana grabbed his forearm and gave a reassuring squeeze before stepping closer to their hosts.

"On its way," T'Challa answered. That only confused Diana more as she looked over to Okoye, she wasn't one for cryptic answers but she stood tall and silent, that worried Diana. Sure the general was a serious woman but she was still kind and funny when she wanted to be.

"Are our friends coming here as well then?" Diana asked, she was now suddenly aware of how her sweat made her clothes stick to her, "I know we're about to get in a fight but can I shower?"

━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━

SHE ONLY HAD a fragment of knowledge of what was to come to Wakanda. Diana wished she knew more but all she had to ride on was that Vision was somehow hurt and anyone that violated the accords was coming to Wakanda with Rhodey. Tony was apparently in space with the Spider-Man guy and a wizard. Diana doesn't know what the hell was going on but if Aliens were truly a factor, she might explode.

Her hair felt lighter on her head now that it was clean. She waited by T'Challa's side as she watched the quinjet land. Her excitement to see her friends left her constantly shifting her stance on her feet as the door fully opened.

The sight of Steve Rogers was a breath of fresh air, beard and all. Diana couldn't help but notice the star ripped off the chest of his uniform. She remembered the pride he had in wearing it, her heart cracked from the effect the accords had on the man. Just from a glance over all her friends, she could see that the past two years weren't easy for them. Guilt settled in her gut as she noticed a fresh cut over Wanda's eyebrow and the gaping hole in Vision's gut. What could rip through him like that?