chapter fourteen | america's failures

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
america's failures
┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓CHAPTER FOURTEENamerica's failures┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━

(episode two - the star spangled man pt.2)

SILENCE RANG IN Diana's ears as she sat in the plane that was taking her to an American airport. Her mind raced as she tried formulating a plan, but at the moment she had no leads. No leads meant that she was going nowhere unless Torres picks something else up in the chatrooms he discovered the Flagsmashers in.

Chatrooms of all things. Diana remembers the random conversations she would have with people once it was normalized for families to have computers and for the internet to be in almost every household. She shuddered at her discovery of Omegle as a teen and looked out the window of the cargo plane. The sun had set and cast a dark shadow on the cabin and its occupants. Bucky was sitting on a filled pallet of emergency supplies, his hands clasped together with his eyes downcast on the ground in front of him. Sam was resting in his civilian clothes on the bench he sat on when they were flying to Germany.

Sam seemed to notice the brooding look on Bucky's face like Diana did because the two immediately shared a look afterwards. In the two years that Diana spent with Bucky in Wakanda, she's known him to have some outlandish ideas, albeit they were always about how to handle a problem with the goats they shared. Diana always feared the kind of ideas he would come up with in other situations similar to this one so she knew that whatever idea he was planning now had a chill running down her spine, leaving goosebumps in its wake that spread from her back to her arms.

"You alright?" Sam asked, though Diana was nervous about what Bucky was thinking, Sam seemed concerned about him in general, Diana was too, but she's always concerned with that, so it wasn't the most prevalent thing for her at the moment.

Bucky began to nod a little to answer Sam's question, his eyes narrowed a little— probably working out a kink in his plan. It only sent another chill paired with a round of goosebumps.

"Let's take the shield," Bucky's voice was low and filled with the dark thoughts that haunted his head, "let's take the shield and do this ourselves."

Diana frowned, but somehow felt relieved, and also guilty. Sure, it wasn't the best plan even though she's only going on the main part of it but she's sure that he would have thought of something worse. The guilt truly settled in when she realized how low she was thinking of her friend. Does she really think that murder is always his go to? The same man who hated the fact that another fight was calling his name. For 90 years since World War 2, Bucky has been going from one fight to another, his kill count higher than the number of years Diana's been alive. Could she really think so low of him to make that count higher cause he felt like it?