C H A P T E R 4 6

— • —

Chapter 46

Shao Ling explained their situation to Yin Meng about the fact that they came from another world, and her world is a dimension that is a fragment of the past. He also shared the meeting between the Heaven Realm's messenger and the mission that was given to them. In exchange, Yin Meng also explained the situation to them. In this dimension, after Shao Ling tried to self-destruct his spiritual qi to kill himself, Lian Ren immediately used all of his power to prevent him from planning suicide.

At the same time, the Yun Sect elders moved in the shadow, resurrecting the Demon King. It was later known that Lian Ren had wreaked havoc and destroyed the Yun Sect. The Demon King awoke, and all of the Masters of the Cultivation Realm combined their power to stop him. However, it was futile. The Demon King was too powerful, and his strength was comparable to the vast sky that covered it. It was pointless to try to fight against him. So some of the Masters turned their backs on their comrades and went under the Demon King's palm as pawns.

Amid hopelessness, the Mount Hua Peak Master and the Darling of the Heavens were the only ones with justice on their minds. They joined forces to stop the demon king, and they nearly succeeded. Amid the battle, the Darling of the Heavens died an honorable but cruel death, while the Mount Hua Peak Master barely defeated the Demon King; his heart was torn apart and his spiritual core was crushed, causing him to bleed to death. The Demon King's body was destroyed, but his soul was still intact. He ordered his subordinates to find a suitable vessel for him, and that's how the demons were able to find Lian Ren with Shao Ling in his grasp.

Lian Ren, at that time, didn't have power anymore. He was nothing but a mortal who seemed fragile. Shao Ling, on the other hand, was nothing but an empty shell. Because Lian Ren tried to prevent the self-destruction of his qi, the two spiritual qi conflicted with each other and caused Shao Ling to fall deep into an eternal slumber. Lian Ren was powerless and a criminal; he had no choice but to grab Shao Ling and get him under his hands. He ended up as a crazy, obsessed man trying to revive someone already dead.

Before the Demon King possessed Lian Ren, there were rumors that he requested the Demon King to revive Shao Ling in exchange for his body, and Shao Ling was now locked down in the depths of the palace, lying in a stone coffin while being cared for by the Demons. Yin Meng stated that there are conversations from the demons that the Demon King has taken a liking to Shao Ling and is intrigued to revive him as his wife.

"That's all I could share with you," Yin Meng said as she sipped on the tea that was now slightly cold. "Even now, me and the others are still trying to gain information on the demons that we've caught. The interrogation seemed to be futile because there were silencing spells engraved on every single one of them. Even one of the Mount Hua Peak Elders wasn't able to remove it."

Lian Ren pondered for a while. After a while, an idea came to his mind: "Maybe Shizun can help," he said as he glanced at Shao Ling. Shao Ling was bewildered at first, but as he looked at Lian Ren's meaningful gaze, he finally understood the signs and also spoke.

"That's right." Shao Ling nodded. "I know a bit about purification, curses, and spells. Maybe I can help find a way to remove the silencing spell."

"Really?" Yin Meng's face brightened, and she stood up and happily grabbed Shao Ling's hand. "Elder Shao Ling, thank you. I promise in the name of Mount Hua Peak that I will repay you somehow."