C H A P T E R 2 0

— • —

Chapter 20

Lian Ren knitted his brows in astonishment. Reborn? He grabbed the black fur ball tighter and pulled it closer in his direction. "You know that I'm a reborn person? How?" Lian Ren asked.

The black fur ball glared at him and continued to struggle with his grasp. "How dare you pull this venerable one outrageously? Let go of me or I will not tell you!"

Lian Ren became impatient; he raised his other hand and widened his palms. Blue spiritual qi started to flow out of his body and compressed into a small blue energy ball. Lian Ren pulled his other hand that was flowing out of blue spiritual qi closer to the black fur ball, threatening him as he spoke, "You're going to tell me or you'll explode here? Choose."

"Alright!" The black fur ball immediately yelled and surrendered itself. "This venerable one will tell you!"

Lian Ren withdrew his hand, but the blue spiritual was still flowing out of his palms, making the black furball intimidated by his deadly aura as it started to speak, "Didn't you remember me?! I was the one you randomly picked up inside the Mist Temple! The demonic arts manual!"

"Oh, right," Lian Ren replied. He remembered that he had picked up a random book that he found amusing because it had no title and only blank pages. And to think that the black fur ball was the black mist that was hibernating inside his body for a long time...

"And it was obvious that you're a reborn person! Your soul has no color, you know! Usually, the color of a mortal's soul is bluish, a cultivator's soul is golden or purple, a demon's soul is blood red, and a ghost's soul is bright green. But yours? I don't have any idea because it has no color at all. So this venerable one assumes that you're a reborn person."

Lian Ren raised his eyes. "You can see my soul? Then can you see Shizun's?"

The black fur ball tilted its whole body and replied, "Shizun? Do you mean the one you cured and are always with?"

"It must've been him," Lian Ren replied hesitantly.

"Hmmm..." The black fur ball pondered in Lian Ren's grasp, "From what I saw, the color of your Shizun's soul is golden. But sometimes its color turns gray and then turns back into golden again."

All of a sudden, the black fur ball was slammed into the rectangular boulder at its center, giving it a huge impact on it's back, even though it hadn't received even a bit of damage because of its soft cotton body. The black fur ball was dumbfounded, but it was taken aback when it felt a dangerous aura in front of him until it saw Lian Ren's glowering eyes that were radiating a bright blue glow. "Tell me the details. immediately."

With such a tone of authority, the black fur ball was so intimidated to the point that its soft cotton body started trembling like a black poodle, "I-I....... This———"

All of a sudden, the sound of the chiming bells was ringing all over Tian Shou Mountain, followed by the pleasant voice of a woman speaking, "I am here to announce that the time has already finished. The participants are now needed to head back to the entrance of the Tian Shou Mountain and exit through the gate portal that is waiting for all of you."

After the announcement, the place that looked like a paradise was filled with a deafening silence; the black fur ball didn't even dare to breathe, and even the streaming water didn't dare to make a sound. After a while, Lian Ren closed his eyes and heaved a breath, making the black fur ball frightened.