C H A P T E R 2 1

— • —

Chapter 21

The soft sound of chirping birds coming outside of the balcony resonated throughout the room, awakening Shao Ling from his deep slumber. His eyelashes fluttered as he slowly opened his eyes, staring at the ray of light coming from the sun above the opened balcony. Stretching his body like that of a cat, he was about to stand up when he felt a heavy feeling clinging to his waist. Shao Ling's brows knitted into a frown in bewilderment, and he rubbed his eyes as he looked down on his waist.

"..........."

It was a hand. When Shao Ling lowered his gaze even more to his own body, the pupils of his eyes shrunk from seeing that his night robe was ripped into shreds and his bare chest down to his groin was exposed. Shao Ling shifted his gaze to the side of his bed and saw Lian Ren sleeping soundly beside him. His hands were embracing Shao Ling's waist, and his night robe was opened, leaving his bare chest exposed.

Shao Ling didn't know what to do; he held his breath and stayed stiff for a while, fearing that Lian Ren might wake up and see their humiliating situation. Shao Ling saw his folded Yun Sect robes on top of the counter beside the bed and thought that he should get dressed first and wake Lian Ren after. Shao Ling bent his body sideward and leaned forward to the side of the bed, stretching out his hand to reach the folded Yun Sect robes. But all of a sudden, he was pulled back by Lian Ren's hand, and Shao Ling's back was gently pressed against Lian Ren's body.

"Shao Ling, it's still morning. You should sleep more."

"............"

Shao Ling didn't know where to focus; he was so distracted by the warmth of Lian Ren's chest that was pressing against his back. It was giving him shivers down his spine that made him a bit ticklish for some reason, making him terrified of the unusual feeling developing inside his chest. Because Shao Ling was too flustered, he struggled with Lian Ren's grasp. Shao Ling's body was not that muscular, so he couldn't exert physical strength unless he infused spiritual qi into a certain part of his body.

Lian Ren's body was slightly muscular, but it was not enough to lock Shao Ling in his arms. However, for some reason, Shao Ling couldn't remove his arms around his waist, making him struggle a bit more to reach the folded Yun Sect robes until Lian Ren pulled him again. This time, Shao Ling's back was slammed on his body, and at his bottom, he felt a hard weapon rubbing against him, making Shao Ling freeze on the spot.

Shao Ling never experienced such indecency in his life. He lived as a man of integrity, and he never did debauchery in his life. No, he would never do it, even if he was forced to. He put the Yun sect together and taught his disciples in the right way, so realizing that he had done such a thing, he couldn't contain his emotions. His hands trembled and the corner of his brows twitched in anger, forcefully stood up on the bed and grabbed his fan, fusing his azure blue spiritual qi in it, and throwing it in Lian Ren's direction.

Baam! With a large impact, the bed exploded into pieces, and Lian Ren's back was slammed into the ground, giving him unbearable pain that immediately woke him up in his deep sleep. "Gaah! Fuck!" Lian Ren gasped and immediately stood up on the floor, staring at the debris of the bed in a daze with a dumbfounded expression.

Lian Ren noticed a silhouette of a person in front of him that made him shift his gaze, and there he saw Shao Ling, who was already dressed in Yun Sect robes, staring at him with bloodshot eyes and a gloomy expression. "S-Shizun?" Lian Ren slowly stood up and brushed away the dust on the hem of his night robe. "Are you okay? All of a sudden, the bed exploded and I fell." Lian Ren was about to approach Shao Ling and touch his arm when Shao Ling motioned his hand, the fan infused with azure blue spiritual qi rushing in Lian Ren's direction.