Chapter-2 demon

Aadhya's POV

I was sweating profusely, my legs were shaking, and my hands were trembling with fear. I could barely breathe. Still, I kept running, tripping over my feet in the slippery terrain of the forest. No matter how far I ran, I couldn't find a way out.

They were getting closer, chasing the hell out of me.

As I found a small room with dim lighting not so far, I dashed inside and locked the door, praying they wouldn't find me. But, as always, my prayers fell on deaf ears. They reached the room and started banging on the door, making loud, terrifying noises.

My heart was pounding as if it might explode at any moment. I hastily blocked the door with a chair and a ladder I found in the room, hoping to delay them. Yet, despite my efforts, the door creaked open with a dreadful sound, revealing the man who had ruined me.

I woke up abruptly, scanning my surroundings in confusion. I found myself in my bed, bathed in the morning sunlight streaming through the window. The scattered files and laptop on my bed revealed that I had fallen asleep while working. But my attention was quickly drawn to the persistent banging on my door, jolting me fully awake.

"Open the door, Aadhya," I heard a loud voice.

With a thumping heart and trembling feet, I went to open the door. I carefully opened the door, and there stood Anshu and Rose in all their glory. I took a sigh of relief after looking at them, realizing it was a nightmare.

It felt so real.

As soon as the door was fully opened, Rose ran into my room and climbed onto my bed with her teddy in her hands.

"Why did it take so long to open the door?" Anshu asked, still standing at the door, inspecting me from head to toe.

"I was sleeping," I replied, but my voice came as a mere whisper. My body was still shaking in fear, and I was still trying to control my uneven breathing.

"What happened? Why are you sweating this much?" she asked tensely, sensing my nervousness.

"Nothing," I mumbled, trying to control my heartbeat.

"Nightmare again?" she questioned, and I sighed, nodding my head.

Without uttering a word, she just hugged me.

"It's okay, Aadhya. We are here; no one can harm you now," she muttered, patting my back reassuringly.

I wrapped my arms around her, finally feeling safe. After a few minutes, my heart calmed, my sweating stopped, and my breathing steadied. My body relaxed in her comforting embrace.

Sometimes, all we need is someone who understands us and holds us close when life gets hard.

"It's getting late. Get ready. I will help Rose get ready for the school," Anshu said, and I agreed as we both walked in and saw Rose playing with my phone.

"Mom, today I will get ready here only," she exclaimed, looking at Anshu.

"Okay, baby, I will bring your uniform here," Anshu said with a smile before heading to her room to fetch the uniform.

I walked over to the bed, hugged Rose to my chest, and kissed the top of her head. My little angel.

"I am going to take a shower. Be careful until Mom comes."

"Then can I be careless after Mom comes?" She asked, her voice laced with cuteness.

She was so naughty and such an active kid. She always had questions out of curiosity. She was a walking question bank.