Chapter-14: Stalkers, stolen kisses and shenanigans

This one is for Kerry_Belchambers

Her book "remember me" is a definite must-read. I have to thank you for showing me that steamy hot scenes can be written in such a beautiful way.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

The night air was crisp and slightly chilly against my bare arms. Hugging myself I walked across the lawn, my heels sinking into the soft grass. The garden looked beautiful with its high hedges lit up dimly with the scattered string lights. I walked past the Med School Rec Centre, enjoying the air and looking around for Doc.

"Lea"

I heard his soft voice coming from the benches in front of the Rec centre. "Lea?" "Yea. It's me.", my voice quavered a bit as I walked towards him. "You looked....." he sighed heavily, running his hands through his hair, as he often did when he was frustrated. I said nothing and continued to stare at him in the dark. I could barely make out the features of his face let alone his expressions, but I knew he was nervous. I just had to figure out why exactly. I felt a sudden chill breeze. Shivering, I rubbed my arms to keep myself warm. "Oh! You're cold. urm.. Let's go inside?", he gestured towards the doors of the Rec Centre.

"Sure", I said and walked past him. "You got keys or something? It's probably locked". He made his way to the door and tried the handle. "It's never locked. The night guard is of the opinion that nobody in their right mind would try to steal the ratty couch and old T.T. table", he half-smiled at me, leading the way inside.

"Is it alright if I didn't switch on the lights? It would be very obvious that we're here if I did. And also.... I don't really know where the switches are" , he smiled sheepishly and scratched his head. He looks so young when he does that. I mutely nodded my head and looked around. The "ratty" couch sat snugly in front of the Plasma while the T.T.table stood at the centre of the room. It seemed to be mostly used as a dining/laptop table. I could see crumbs and chocolate wrappers littering the place. And a few miscellaneous wires tangled in heaps.

While I was busy surveying my surroundings, Chris had moved to stand beside me. "So......", he trailed off. "So..??" I questioned back at him, turning to face him. "You look pretty in that dress. Is it new?" He asked, gesturing to my pouffy skirt. "Urm. No. Not really", I lied. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of knowing how many hours I spent looking for the dress or how many more I spent in front of the mirror trying to look good enough to catch his eye. I shrugged and looked around again. "Lea.", he said softly, touching my arm. I turned around to look him in the eye. "You never called" I accused. His eyes widened in surprise. "But...look, I would have but you had that big project didn't you? I didn't want to distract you. I know how you get when you get ideas. You almost never eat or sleep when you get one. I didn't want to interrupt you, that's all".

It was my turn to look surprised. He was being considerate. And here I thought, he was being a jerk. Lea, you can be such an idiot sometimes. "Oh" was all I said. "Lea. Did you actually think I would use you that way and pretend nothing happened? I'm not in grade school anymore. I knew exactly what I was doing and although, it may have been wrong, that's what I wanted. What I still want. You", he breathed out, closing his eyes. I stood on tip-toe and kissed his lips lightly. "I'm sorry" I said against his lips. Leaning his forehead against mine, he rubbed his nose lightly on mine and looked deeply into my eyes. "Oh Lea" he breathed, his breath warm against my face. "What you do to me", saying so, he captured my lips in a passionate kiss and slid his hands around my waist.

Entwining my hands in his hair, I opened my mouth and granted him access without him having to ask. Without missing a beat, he deepened the kiss and explored my mouth, sending sparks of electricity shooting throughout my body. His hands slid down to my thighs, and he gripped them tightly, hoisting me to his waist. I held onto his neck and tightened my legs around his hips and used it as an opportunity to get closer. Still kissing, he walked towards the table behind me and laid my bottom on the table top gently. Slowly, he broke the kiss and stared into my eyes. I looked at him intensely and licked my throbbing lips, slightly biting my lower lip. Enticing him. He came closer and kissed me, starting from the corner of my lips, making his way to my ear lobe.

I closed my eyes and gave in to the pure pleasure his kisses and soft bites provided. His kisses seared a hot, wet trail down my neck and to the top of my dress which revealed the barest hint of cleavage. "You are so beautiful. Effortlessly so.", he said in wonder. He placed his palm on my thigh and rubbed his thumb in circles. It had a direct effect on my nether regions, making me sweat in the cold night breeze. "Christian" I sighed.

He took a sharp intake of breath at my usage of his full first name for the very first time in all the years we had known each other. It must have had quite an effect, for then he kissed me more urgently but with a certain sweetness to it. The earlier lust seemed to have vanished from the air. All we had was the two of us, breathlessly kissing each other with all the feelings we could muster. As our kisses turned tender, his hands played with the hem of my dress.

And for the very first time in my life, I felt something different from anything I'd ever felt before. Alien. As I held him close that evening, his hands touching me in my most sensitive places driving me to new heights of pleasure, dare I say, I fell in love with the guy I'd been lusting after for ages.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

There! Her face looks so flushed, I hope she isn't sick. Standing by the buffet table, looking at everything but seemingly seeing nothing at all. Her eyes seemed dazed and she stared dreamily into space. I wonder what's gotten into her of late. If it has anything to do with Dr. Levine's wedding, I'm sure she's gonna need a shoulder to cry on. And guess who's gonna be there for her. I smiled inwardly at the image of her needing me and I turned to participate in the conversation around .

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Hey! I searched around for you.", I heard a voice behind me, shaking me out of my reveire. I spun around to find Charlie, with his charming smile and slight concern in his eyes. "Urm yeah. Just stepped out for some air. The lawn looked gorgeous and I felt I needed to take a closer look." I stammered out. "Are you feeling alright? You look flushed. Maybe you're coming down with something" he said placing the back of his hand on my forehead lightly.

"Ahem ahem". We turned simultaneously to the source of the sound. "So.... what's up?", Pike questioned. Radhika stood nearby with an amused half-smile and arms folded while Brandon stood behind them looking surprised and almost gleeful at Pike's expression. "Nothing much. I was just saying that Leandra looked flushed and maybe she was coming down with something" Charlie said, smiling and backing away from me. "I'm fine. There's nothing wrong with me", I said. "Just fine." Managing a weak smile at Pike, as I recalled how I had cheated on him earlier this evening. "If you're sure......"Pike trailed off. "Ready to leave?"

"Yeah! Lemme just get my bag", I said and dragged Radhika by the arm and stalked off to the cloak room.

*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: Hey guys... So yeah. I guess its official now. Chris is getting married and a few hearts are getting broken. Woohoo Lea admitted to falling in love. Or not? Do you think its love? Or just infatuation. Anyways. The climate at my place is BEAUTIFUL.. Its summer but it rains all day long. light drizzles and wonderfully cool breezes. If only I hadn't fallen sick the second day of my freedom, I'd be able to enjoy the climate a bit more. :( But that probably means, more time in bed giving me some time to write... Stay tuned ;)