Chapter 10: Disturbance

A few months had passed since Ben had become a teacher at the mansion. The whole legal issue with the psych ward was taken care of by Jen. Afterwards she kept coming back to meet with Ben and train with him. 

Currently Ben was relaxing in the living room. Watching the TV, It was one of Ben's off days. He was lucky to put an end to the required weekend power classes since he was able to get his students to a point where they were fine on their own nowadays. Though they did still go to his regular classes. 

As ben was watching the news it talked about the weather. Apparently a nasty storm was brewing. It was covering everything within a 100 mile radius. Ben looked at the tv for a second. He then got up and started for the garage. When he entered he went to his car. Getting in he started to drive to New York. 

He had to do a routine check up on his company and had plans to pick something up at the same time. When Ben arrived at his company building he parked and walked into the place. Walking into the building everyone looked at the walking chandelier. As he was walking his secretary walked over to him. 

"Hello sir. Welcome back." She said as she started walking with him. 

"Give me a rundown." Ben said as they got into the elevator. 

"Of course." She responded before she started to tell Ben everything that happened. When they reached Ben's office he moved to his desk. 

"How's that item I ordered?" Ben asked. 

"It arrived just yesterday actually." His secretary replied. 

"Great. Take it down stairs by the garage. I'll take it from there and be leaving with it once everything is done here." Ben explained. The secretary nodded. Ben then spent the next couple of hours taking care of all of the important work. When he was finished he looked out the window to see the storm that the news was talking about. Ben looked at it for a moment before he heard a beep sound off from his chest. Ben froze and looked down. Unbuttoning his suit jacket he opened it to see the omnitrix badge on his shirt. It was spinning and started to make a whirring sound. 

"New Devices on Omnitrix frequency detected." The omnitrix responded in a adult male voice. Ben hadn't been human in a long time though he guessed the voice the omnitrix gave was what he'd sound like if he was human. Though the message it gave disturbed him. 

"Omnitrix. Calculate number of other devices." Ben ordered. 

"Command confirmed. Calculating. Detecting 5 new devices. Furthest device is 100 miles from present location." The omnitrix replied. Ben looked out his window once again. He did not like what this meant. 

"Omnitrix. Track devices location." Ben ordered again as he started to leave.

"Tracking." The omnitrix replied. 

***

Ben was driving through New York tracking one of the new devices his omnitrix registered. Since it wasn't on his wrist it wasn't spinning to show direction. Instead it was inputting the information directly into Ben's head, the same way the omnitrix would input all the knowledge of each form and it's abilities. Eventually Ben pulled over and parked before he got out of his car. He then looked down the side walk. He started walking. The crowd seemed to part like the red sea for him. As he walked he was looking around constantly trying to find the new device. 

As he walked he was thinking about what this meant. Why would 5 new devices be registered on the Omnitrix's frequency. Ben already had an idea of why, but he was praying it wasn't true and that he was wrong. Ben had dealt with a great many situations so he had a lot of guesses but the first one he had was the one he disliked the most.