Chapter 3: The problem kids

"Come on! Please!" Lorna said as she followed Ben into his room. 

It had been a day since Xavier and company came through and immediately when Lorna got home she had started bugging Ben to let her go to Xavier's school. 

"Ben! I want to go! It's not that far from home! You can come by and visit me all you want. It's just an hours drive from here. It's closer to your work then here!" Lorna said. 

Ben just groaned as he sat at a desk and began to work at it. 

"Come on! I don't ask for much of anything!" She whined in a way only a little sister could to her big brother. 

Ben looked at her. "That's because me and grandma know you so well that you never have to ask." Ben replied. 

Lorna thought for a moment but didn't have a come back. "I'll be with people like me! I have never once met another mutant! They could teach me so much about everything I can do!" Lorna argued. 

"I have access to alien technology Lorna. All i need to do is scan you and i can tell you the full extent of your abilities. I'll even know if you have any other hidden mutations." Ben countered. 

Lorna groaned angrily. "What about being around other people my age and like me! I won't have to hide my powers all the time!" Lorna argued. 

"I could always home school you. You wouldn't have to hide anymore." Ben said. 

"NO!" Lorna said. 

Ben smiled. 

Lorna groaned some more. "PLEASE!" She pleaded one last time. 

Ben sighed in response. "You really want to go?" Ben asked 

"YES!" She screamed. 

Ben looked at her for a moment. "Fine.  But i have some conditions." Ben said standing up. 

"ANYTHING!" She replied immediately. 

"All A student." Ben said. 

"Done!" she responded without hesitation

"If you even get one B. That's it. Got it?" Ben asked 

"Yes." She replied. 

Ben looked at her for a while with a little suspicion. "Next is that I'm gonna go with you to tour the school. I'm not gonna just put you in some place I've never seen before. And if i feel it's too dangerous I'm not letting you stay." Ben said. 

Lorna nodded her head with smile. 

He squinted his eyes accusingly at her his suspicions growing. "You're not even listening are you?" Ben asked. 

Lorna just stared at him. "Absolutely." She responded. 

Ben shook his head. He then looked at her. "Get out of here." Ben said nodding to the door. Lorna just smiled and left the room. Ben sighed before he picked up his phone and dialed the number on card he had been given. 

***

The next day Ben and Lorna were driving to the school. Ben was at the wheel of a really nice black sports car with green trimming. 

Lorna sat in the passengers seat smiling with Ship wrapped around her shoulders as she watched the scenery go by. 

Ben had called Professor Xavier and had a visiting appointment set up for today since it was a Saturday. That way Lorna didn't miss any school. Driving, they soon saw a sign.