CHAPTER 18

This chapter really hurts. I apologize in advance :)

20 QUESTIONS | DAY TWENTY-FIVE PART 4"i know i never got to say it before, but i love you

"i know i never got to say it before, but i love you. i really do and i always will."

PEOPLE CAN CHANGE drastically in a blink of an eye. Like how Tom was an alcoholic an abusive, and then suddenly stopped.

Everyone assumed he suddenly was a good guy. That he changed. That he was different.

Oh, how wrong they were.

Nancy angrily stood up, but Dally followed quickly behind and gripped onto her arm to stop her from going crazy right there and then. Tom knew that Marc had told his stepdaughter the truth, he knew.

So now he had to take matters into his own hands.

"You liar!" Nancy screamed, "It wasn't just your son's fault but yours too!"

And before anyone could even think, Tom changed drastically once again.

You may wonder how. How this normal kind of guy just suddenly changes in a blink of an eye.

How this normal guy shoots his stepdaughter in the stomach.

How this normal guy makes time freeze.

And how this normal guy makes so many more lives hell.

In a blink of an eye, things just got a whole lot uglier.

Dally froze and sunk to the floor with Nancy as Tom freed Marc and the two fled the station together. He held her and froze before his emotions finally caught up to him. Dally realized that the love of his life had been shot. She was slipping away.

"Nancy, no, no, no, no." He panicked, tapping her face lightly as if to wake her up. "Come on baby don't do this to me.

"SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!" He screamed out to anyone who might've remained in the building.

Dally frantically tore the bottom of his white t-shirt and tied it around Nancy's wound.

"Hey, Dally?" Nancy said quietly, looking up at him.

Dallas lightly brushed the hair out of her face and traced his fingers up and down her cheekbone, "Yes, darling?"

"I know I never got to say it before, but I love you. I really do and I always will."

He let out a sob with a small smile etched onto his face, "I love you, Nancy Matthews. And that's why I need you to stay with me please, just keep your eyes open. I need you here with me I can't live without you here."

"DAMMIT CALL AN AMBULANCE!" He cried out once again, softly picking Nancy up and dialing for an ambulance since he had no hope in someone already calling one.

Nancy's eyes slowly got closer to being closed as she was drifting in and out. Dally noticed this and let out another sob and clung tightly to her, sliding down the wall with her in his arms.

As Nancy clung onto life for the next five minutes, the ambulance had finally arrived and carried Nancy down on the stretcher and into the ambulance.

-

"We couldn't find her upstairs in Dal's apartment." Darry said as him and Johnny came rushing down the stairs.

Two-Bit paced around Buck's worriedly.

Soda sighed, "I'm sure it'll be alright. How about we just check your house. Maybe Nancy was up there and snuck up into her room at a time Tom wasn't paying attention, so he just assumed she wasn't there."

Two-Bit nodded and the group of greasers once again left and headed out in search for Nancy once again.

"If Dally wasn't in his apartment, then that must mean he is most likely with her. They left my house together so at least we know she might still be safe." Ponyboy reassured him as the group roamed the streets.

The group chatted amongst themselves, anything to brighten up the mood a bit. Or try to distract Two-Bit from his thoughts.

They missed the kind and giggly Nancy and the bubbly and joking Two-Bit. They were a great pair of siblings, and they would look out for each other no matter what.

As they rounded the corner, they saw the thing they feared they would see.

An ambulance with flashing lights and a siren on sped down the street.

"Oh- God." Two-Bit exclaimed as he started pacing once again.

"Relax, Two. That could be anybody." Darry assured the boy that was on the verge of bursting out into tears which the group had never seen him do before.

Two-Bit let out a sigh, "We need to go to the hospital just to make sure. I need to know."

The boys nodded and with that the group headed off for the third time that evening.

Back at the hospital, Dally was refused permission to be in the room with Nancy. One because they were performing emergency surgery on her and two because he wasn't her immediate family.

He closed his eyes and wiped the blood from his hands on his white t-shirt. He feared for his life that Nancy wouldn't make it. And how crushed her brother would be. She was all he had.

The group busted through the hospital doors.

Dally sitting there with blood smeared all over his shirt said enough for Two-Bit. And he immediately, as if out of instinct, charged at Dally.

"What did you do?!" He shouted as he broke off into angry tears, "Where is she? Where is my sister you bitch!"

Darry and Sodapop held Two-Bit back and made him calm down and take a seat so Dally could explain to them what happened without almost getting his head chopped off.

"We went to the police station; I didn't know why Nance wanted too but I wasn't going to question her because I know she is going through a hard time." Dally started with a shaky and quiet voice.

"Go on." Two-Bit urged.

"A-and we f-found out that Marc is Tom, your stepdads, son. And he had killed your dad to get revenge on his father leaving his family for your mom. Tom had been hiding it this whole time and he knew but just had doubt I am guessing."

Two-Bit buried his face in his hands, not knowing how to react at this point. He just felt completely numb.

"Then Tom came in. And-" Dally's voice broke, "He shot Nancy. And fled with Marc, I would've chased after them, but I felt like saving Nancy was way more important at the time being."

The whole group was in tears, everyone felt a crashing wave of sadness.

"Is she gonna be okay? Is there any new information."

Dally bit his lip worriedly, "She is in surgery now, I have been here for about fifteen minutes. No updates yet."

Just then as if on que, a doctor came out of the room Nancy was in.

The greasers stood up instantly, clinging on to hope.

"Is my sister gonna be okay, sir?" Two-Bit urged on, about a gallon of tears flooding his face just like his thoughts were, both drowning him slowly as he awaited the news of his baby sister.

-

oop.