CHAPTER 9

20 QUESTIONS | DAY SIX"i love you so much you don't even know it

"i love you so much you don't even know it."

NANCY MATTHEWS P.O.V

Dally came over last night and apologized. Even if I was very upset about it, I was still glad that he even had the capability to apologize.

He ended up spending the night, but I made him sleep on the couch in my room, we still hadn't really talked about our kiss the other day.

It was around three in the morning, and I woke up in a cold sweat, I haven't had troubles with nightmares since I was seven.

Dally sat up straight off the couch, "Jesus Christ, Nancy! Why'd ya scream?"

I flushed in embarrassment, "Sorry." I mumbled.

"What happened?" He asked, getting off the couch.

"Just a nightmare about my dad." I sighed and he nodded, kissing my forehead and walking back to the couch.

"Wait, Dal-" I started, "Stay with me, please?"

"Of course, doll." He nodded, I felt the bed dip beside me and him crawl under the blankets.

He slid his arm around my waist and pulled me close, so my back was pressed against his chest.

I placed my hand over his that was placed on my waist and smiled slightly. He massaged my hair while I slowly drifted off to sleep once again.

I could swear I faintly heard Dally say, "I love you so much you don't even know it."

-

DALLAS WINSTONS P.O.V

I could tell by her breathing pattern that she had just drifted off into slumber. I smiled and tucked hair behind her ear, "I love you so much you don't even know it." I sighed.

I kissed behind her ear before falling into deep sleep myself.

-

Once I woke up, I noticed that Nancy was still sleeping. I slowly pulled my arm off from around her and got out of her bed, stretching and yawning.

I fell asleep shirtless, so I grabbed my black t-shirt from the floor and my leather jacket.

Grabbing my converse from the floor, I noticed a small picture frame laid upon Nancy's dresser.

It was a picture of her dad I assumed with a younger Nancy sitting on his lap and Two-Bit was sitting at the bottom of his feet with his dorky smile. They were both giggling over something, and their dad was smiling a big smile, Ms. Matthews was standing in the back with her hands on her husband's shoulders.

Ms. Matthews looked less tired and the eyebags she always had under her eyes now were gone. She looked happy and not dull and depressed like now.

They were all happy.

I sighed, feeling like even more of an asshole from yesterday, and sat the picture back down.

I ripped my St. Christopher dog tag necklace off of my neck and looked over at Nancy before grabbing a piece of paper and a pen.

-

NANCY MATTHEWS P.O.V

When I woke up, Dallas was gone.

I picked out my outfit for the day which consisted of a short dress with multiple different patterns and some white boots.

I knew I was considered to dress "like a Soc" but it was just what I felt comfortable in, so I don't know why people cared so much.

I didn't dress like it all the time either, I wore jeans and a plain t-shirt on multiple occasions. I just wore whatever I felt like.

I looked over to my dresser and realized that something was placed on it.

It was Dally's Christopher with a note that read:

Dear Nancy,

Left you my Christopher because I feel that you deserve it. Come to Buck's tonight at seven, wear the necklace if you want us to be something. If not, come to return it; I'll understand.

This could be our question for the day, please answer my question truthfully.

-D.W.

I smiled to myself, folding the piece of paper back up and grabbing the dog tag necklace.

I took one last look in the mirror before putting it on.

-

Hour's past and school was over as well as me hanging out with the gang for a little while.

Dally wasn't at the Curtis house, so I assumed he was just waiting for me to show up at bucks. I wore the same outfit but curled my hair extra and made sure my makeup looked better and touched up, even adding some eyeliner.

I grabbed my bag, grabbing some necessities I may need.

Once I got downstairs to the kitchen, I got stopped by Two-Bit.

"Where are you going Fancy-Nancy?" He laughed to himself at his joke.

"None of your business, Two-Bitch." I said in the same mocking tone with a laugh.

He rolled his eyes with another laugh, "Yeah whatever, watch your language missy."

"Tell Mom that I'm going to a friend's house, and I'll be back later." I flicked him in the head, "Not that they'll really care anyway but you know."

I left the house in a hurry, grabbing the keys for Keith and I's shared car and driving off.

Once I pulled up to Buck's I felt a wave of nervousness in my stomach. What if he decided to change his mind last minute?

I sighed and took the keys out of the engine, stuffing them in my jacket pocket and walking into Buck's.

I was immediately overwhelmed with the smell of beer and smoke, and the sound of a huge party.

I looked around in search for Dally but couldn't see him in sight.

I walked over to the bar area where Buck was, "Hey Buck, how's it going?" I smiled.

"Hey Nancy! What are you doing here?" He cheered.

"You see Dally?"

He nodded, making shots for two young girls at the counter. "Think he's over in the other room playing pool."

I nodded and thanked him, walking over to the next room.

I immediately noticed Dally and he noticed me as well, looking me up and down for a moment.

A genuine smile, which was rare from Dally, emerged from his face once he could see the necklace around my neck.

He said goodbye to the boys he was playing pool with and ran over to me, picking me up and spinning me in a circle as I giggled.

I looked up as he sat me down, his lips crashed onto mine swiftly.

We backed up onto a wall as our kiss got more heated. I ran my fingers through his hair as he squeezed my waist tightly.

He pulled away, out of breath and smiled at me. "Will you be my girl?" He asked.

"Yes, of course." I smiled and he did too, kissing me once again.