CHAPTER 17

Hello, I know I haven't posted in a while, and I am extremely sorry. Over my break I have found more peace in myself and reinhabited the love of writing once again. I am sorry for the cliff hanger Ya'll have had to be left on for a while now.

Also thank you so much for 2k, Ya'll seriously have no idea how much this means to me coming from a small writer. I love all of you.

I am back and better than ever so hopefully this chapter makes up for my absence!

NOW PRESENTING...

20 QUESTIONS | DAY TWENTY-FIVE PART 3"i felt so angry that my father was slowly being taken away from me that i felt i had to take yours

"i felt so angry that my father was slowly being taken away from me that i felt i had to take yours."

"Why are you here?"
DALLY stayed silent, having no real idea as to why they would be there. He felt so sorry for Nancy, no one should have to have gone through this. And even after all this time, Marc's trial to even go to prison was still pending.

After cold blood murdering a human being, he was getting absolutely no consequences. But Nancy was going to make that change, or well she hoped too.

Nancy took a deep breath, "I wanna know why."

Marc got up from his seat on his cot and stumbled over to the bars, merely inches from Nancy's face, "Because your family ruined mine."

Her face eased with confusion, her family had ruined his? She couldn't believe it. After all the memories that had vanished, all the good times with her father, all the comfort, all the happiness, he was the one who appeared to be hurt.

She nodded and sulked in her emptiness.

"Do you understand how unfair this is, Marc?" Nancy breathed, "How unfair it is to my entire family that we finally got the reason behind the death of my father and now nothing is happening to you! No justice is being served! But, yeah, we ruined your life."

Dally placed his hand on the small of Nancy's back, having no words to say but to hope she would be okay.

"You don't understand." Marc spat.

"Then explain it to me. What could've made you want to kill an innocent man?"

"I'm gonna need a reward before I tell you."

Nancy huffed and gripped on to both bars by his face, locking her jaw as she threatened, "You tell me now, no reward, and maybe, just maybe, I won't bash your head into the nearest fucking wall!"

-

Meanwhile, back at the Curtis's, Two-Bit was wondering how his sister was doing. Darry hadn't let him leave the house in fear that he would do something stupid. So, this least he could do was give a phone call home.

"Hello?" It was Tom who picked up.

Two-Bit let out a sigh, "Hey, Tom. I was just calling to see how Nancy and Mom are holding up."

"To be honest with you son, Mom doesn't know yet. I'm not sure how to tell her."

He furrowed his brows, "You haven't even told mom? She deserves to know. What about Nance?"

Two-Bit could hear Tom pause for a while before speaking up once again, "She hasn't been home since you left with her."

"What?!" He shouted, frantically hanging up and looking around the house for his coat.

Johnny stopped him, "Whoa! Two! What's going on, man."

Ponyboy set his book down and walked over to the pair in confusion, Darry, Sodapop, and Steve following shortly after.

"It's Nance. She hasn't been home apparently and its pitch black out. She might be with Dal or something, but I haven't heard from her in hours. Something might have happened." Two-Bit stuttered out and ran his hand through his hair.

Darry put a hand on his shoulder, "Hey, I'm sure it's alright now. She is probably just trying to clear her head just like you have. No need to worry."

"I know my sister, Darry. She would go home to check on my mom first, that's the kind of person she is. The only reason she wouldn't is if she was in trouble or she found something more important than that, and trust me, it would have to be something way more important."

"Maybe she just went for a walk, Two." Ponyboy suggested.

"Yeah, or she fell asleep at Dal's." Johnny added.

"She wouldn't take a walk for three hours and she also knows she isn't allowed to stay at a boy's house unless it's here because its different." He huffed in response.

Sodapop gulped, he became worried for Nancy a great deal, and had secretly wished she wasn't sleeping at Dal's right now but at his place. But he would never admit that.

"Alright well, we can at least start at Dally's place. You never know, alright? But tread lightly, the last thing we need is attention from Soc's." Steve expressed as the group of Greasers hurriedly scattered outside of the house.

-

"Well, princess. Now you know." Marc scoffed and sat down, Nancy and Dally following.

She sat in shock, not being able to move. After all this time, the murderer was right on the tip of her nose. And Nancy couldn't help but feel it was all her fault. She could've kept it from happening in some sort of way, she could've prevented it, she believed. And nobody was gonna keep her from changing that mindset for the decades to come.

Dally also couldn't believe it. He knew something was up with this guy from the start, but he was too selfish to see it. And he also believed that he had fault also. But not for blaming himself of the murder, but for blaming himself for not being there for Nancy. Or speaking his thoughts more clearly.

"Nancy's stepfather is your dad? Are you kidding me?" Dally exclaimed.

"My dad left my brother and I when I was thirteen, my brother eighteen. My brother turned to a bad part of the Soc's, and after my father left, I felt so angry. So, I gave into my brother, and he encouraged me to get payback. I promise Nancy that I am so sorry. I am sorry for killing your father."

Those last words hit like being stabbed ten times in a row to Nancy. And she just sobbed, right there and then, and collapsed into Dallas's arms.

Once she calmed down more the silenced lingered until Marc spoke up once again, "I felt so angry that my father was slowly being taken away from me that I felt I had to take yours."

"Your parents were still married but my father had divorced my mom to get closer to yours, he left us. Even though your mom didn't even care about him and loved your father. But I was too blind to see that at the time, my mind was telling me that your mother loved my father as well, so I thought I was bringing some sort of justice to your father in a way." Marc let out.

Nancy sniffled and Dally clung to her tighter. Her heart was broken, and she didn't know if it was possible to put it back together at that point.

She felt it was all over.

Suddenly, someone rushed into the police station. The three turned their heads to see this person.

It was Tom.

-

Hope this makes up for the wait and I should be back to posting once a week ish regularly. Thanks for being patient my loves!

vote or i'll eat you ❤️