CHAPTER 13

20 QUESTIONS | DAY NINE PT

20 QUESTIONS | DAY NINE PT. 2
"you put your hands on my sister again and I'm cutting your hand off and shoving it down your own throat"

TWO-BIT MATTHEWS P.O.V

I IMMEDIATELY RAN in Nancy's direction, moving her head onto my lap. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at me.

"Get me a damn towel!" I shouted at Dally who hurried out of the room quickly.

I sighed and brushed her hair out of her face, "It seems as you are always getting beat up."

Nancy laughs for a second before I grabbed the towel that was soaked with warm water and put it on her forehead and then dried the blood gushing from her nose with a paper towel.

Dally bent down and grabbed her hand, making multiple people in the room look at them confused, "Nancy I am so so sorry. I really didn't mean too."

Before she could say anything, I spoke up, "Get out of her face before I make you, Winston. You put your hands on my sister again and I'm cutting your hand off and shoving it down your own throat."

Dallas scoffed and looked back down at Nancy, "Please, Nancy I didn't mean too. I was trying to get Marc." He pleaded.

Nobody has ever heard Dallas Winston get vulnerable. Especially over a girl. They were all completely shocked.

I looked over at him, "Let's go talk outside and give her space. Sodapop take care of her for me." He nodded and sat down next to Nancy while I moved her head carefully out of my lap and onto Soda's.

Dally followed me out onto the porch where we both sat down on the step, I ran my fingers through my hair.

For once in my life, I couldn't seem to find humor to brighten up the situation. I felt stuck, and I was scared to tell Dallas Winston why.

"What's up, Two?" He sighed, resting his elbows on his knees.

"Dal—" My voice broke. I took a deep breath, Greasers don't cry. What was getting to me? "You know our step father?" He nodded.

"Yeah Tom, the sheriff. What about him?"

"He used to hit my mom, okay? He doesn't piss me off as much but it used to be really bad. And it's just that– I know Nancy saw that when you punched her. She felt like mom. I don't want her to go through that... I don't want to see that either." I fiddled with my fingers, taking another deep breath.

Dally furrowed his brows, "I would never hurt Nancy on purpose. Seriously, never."

I nodded at him and stood up from my seat, "Thank you. But I'm still pissed at you, idiot." I chuckled and he rolled his eyes with a small smirk.

I walked back in with Dally and saw Nancy throwing away the bloody tissues and pacing back and fourth quietly in the kitchen.

I looked over at Dally who nodded and I walked into the kitchen, pulling Nancy into my arms who seemed to relax a bit. "You aren't her, and Dally isn't him." I kissed her cheek as I pulled away.

"Thanks I really needed that." She smiled, sincerely.

Marc walked into the kitchen and apologized, "I'm sorry for causing trouble, Nancy. I didn't mean to wreck your Thanksgiving."

"It wasn't your fault." Nancy nodded and Marc grabbed her hand and kissed it, making me glare at him.

But he then said goodbye to everyone and left the house, right after, Dally walked in.

"Can I talk to you?"

Nancy shifted her weight onto her heels and rocked back and fourth, "I think I just need some space for today."

"Please." He begged, grabbing a hold of her hands.

I rolled my eyes at his begging, he had to have a thing for my sister. I don't think he is good enough for her, as much as he is my buddy.

"Okay." She nodded after a second with a sigh, he leaded her into the bathroom and closed the door.

-

DALLAS WINSTON'S P.O.V

"You feeling okay?" I sighed and Nancy nodded. I've felt like crap ever since I hit her. I felt like my dad, and I never wanted to be like him.

"It was my fault, I shouldn't of stepped in front of you when I knew it was a spiraling argument. Just please don't blame yourself." Nancy frowned.

"God– Nance." I wrapped my arms around her and she hugged me back. "I feel so bad."

"I think we should tell them, I feel bad pretending." Nancy admitted and I shook my head.

Pulling away from the hug I said, "We can't yet, not after I just punched you across the fucking face."

Nancy laughed and I immediately smiled.

Oh how I missed that laugh.

"Of course not, idiot." She smiled, "Just– promise me soon?"

"Soon, I promise." I wrapped my pinky around hers and kissed it.

"You missed my lips, Winston." She teased and I smirked, wrapping my arm around her waist and leaning in, kissing her slowly and passionately.

After a couple minutes, I bit down on her lip as we pulled away. Her lip slapped back in place and she smiled again, which of course made me smile.

I brushed my thumb against her cut lip and frowned, "I'm sorry."

Nancy giggled and pulled my hand from her face, "It's okay, Dal."

Suddenly, a bang emerged from the door, causing both of us to fall silent. Nancy looked at me with worried eyes and I comfortably drew circles in her palm to calm her down. Another bang happened and at this point Nancy was desperately clinging onto me, shaking.

"Who is it?" I fiercely asked, and another silence drew on before I rough voice emerged.

"It's Tom, I need to talk to Nancy."

-

sorry for not publishing in awhile! but i'm back to working on chapters

vote for another chapter!!