Nine

Olivia

"Mama," Maureen breathed, as she came into my bedroom. I was barely awake, so it took a few moments for my mind to process that my daughter was saying my name.

Maureen padded across the carpet and smoothed my messy brown hair.

"Mama, I need you to wake up. Detective Rollins and Detective Amaro are here."

"What?" I yawned, rolling onto my side to look at daughter.

"Amanda and Nick are here. They said you need to go back to the precinct, and they are your ride."

I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes with the heels of my hands before climbing out of bed.

"Did they tell you why they are here?" I questioned.

"Nope, just that you are needed back at the precinct. Kathleen is making you tea, and Lilly was grabbing your favorite jacket from the dryer," Maureen spoke.

"Thanks, baby... I'll be down soon."

Once I made it downstairs, Amanda and Nick were sitting on the sofa and talking to Lilly and Jacob. My kids looked so tired, and I felt horrible that they had to experience this along with the rest of us. All I wanted us for us all to be back together, and for my kids to be kids again. They had to be so mature lately, because we didn't know what would happen next.

"Rollins, Amaro. What's happening?" I mused.

"Your husband sent us here to pick you up. He doesn't want you driving since you are exhausted," Amanda spoke, but I knew she was laying. Her southern drawl always got a little more noticeable the moment she told a lie.

"Amanda-"

"Here is your tea, and your jacket is hanging up," Kathleen interrupted, as she moved to me and passed a togo mug to me.

"Thank you, babe. Uh, I need you all to eat dinner tonight and just relax... I don't know when Daddy and I are sending you all back to school, so try to enjoy some time off. Please don't fight," I breathed. My kids walked to me and hugged me tightly, before stepping back and watching as I walked out the front door with my coworkers.

The moment my front door shut, I grabbed Amanda's arm and eyed her.

"Okay, blondie. You lied to me back there. Tell me what you are lying about," I ordered.

"Liv-"

"This is Sergeant Stabler right now, Detective. Tell me what you are lying about before I write you up," I huffed.

Amanda and Nick exchanged glances before Nick finally spoke.

"Your mother received a call from the twins. They had made it to a beach, and she was going to pick them up. Elliot told us she's bringing them to the precinct and we have an ambulance waiting, just in case."

My eyes went wide as tears burned them. 

"They just now called Bernie?"

"N-no, Liv. Serena Benson."

///

Upon arrival at the precinct, two ambulances sat outside without their lights on. Elliot, Fin, and Carisi stood outside waiting for us. I climbed out of the sedan before it was even completely parked and sprinted to my husband.

"Are they here yet?" I panted.

"No, they aren't. Serena called and said she's stuck in traffic and will be here in about ten minutes."

"Why did they call her?! She's an absolute monster who killed Kathy!" I yelled.

"Liv, I know that! But maybe they called her because we never talk about her! Maybe they called her because they didn't want her to call us right away and give us their location. Liv, they are angry little boys!"

"Our angry little boys, Elliot Stabler! Either way, they were going to be brought back to us! I don't care if I didn't have some term of endearment next to Serena's name. Why would they call her and not me? I'm their mama, and I love them more than anyone else on earth!" I screamed, before shoving my husband and walking away from him.

"Sergeant Stabler!" Elliot yelled, as he stomped towards me. I turned around quickly and eyed him.

"Don't you dare-"

"I am your commanding officer, and you are acting like a complete jerk. Once the twins get here and can be released into our care, you are officially suspended. Do you understand me?" Elliot spat.

My eyes went wide, and I swallowed hard before nodding.

"I understand, sir. I hope you understand that your bed for the next month is our fucking couch," I growled, before walking down the sidewalk and waiting by myself.

///

When the boys arrived, they were dirty, wet, and cold. They were starving and dehydrated. If they had not been found soon, they may have died of exposure.

"I gave them some water, but knew not to give them food. I didn't want them to eat too much and get sick," Serena spoke as she stood beside me in the ER. I squeezed on tightly to the windowsill as I turned to look at my mother.

"Thank you for picking them up... I guess it must have been a surprise when you got a call from my twins... the ones you knew nothing about," I whispered.

"I knew that you and Elliot would have a baby or two together. They look so much like you," My mother replied. I nodded weakly before turning my gaze back to my sons.

They laid on their own beds, and groups of nurses and a few doctors examined them and cleaned them up. Both of them had an IV in their arms, and were complaining about getting cleaned up. They hated this sponge bath just as much as they hate bubble bathes at home.

"Liv-"

"They hate me, Serena. They said they hated me, and I honestly hate myself too. I can't believe my little boys ran away, and I couldn't even find them. I don't deserve them," I whimpered.

"Why do they hate you?"

"Jasper, Tobias, and Jacob have all been getting into fights. Elliot and I can't let any of them get away with hitting each other or saying nasty things, so they hate me because I punished them. I can't be the nice mom while also trying to stop family fighting..." I trailed off as my sons spotted me.

I placed a hand against the window, as Jasper spoke to the nurse. A moment later, she was at the window and shutting the blinds.