Nails and bats chapter 3: Star-studded

Start from the beginning

Sapphire: Wait you were FAMOUS!?!

Ruby: Shh! Quieter, I've somehow kept a low profile in this school, and I'd like to keep that the same!

Sapphire: So it'll be like our secret?

Ruby: *chucke* Fine, our little secret.

Lisia: Yeah, but I know.

Ruby and Sapphire: Ah!

Lisia: Anyways, I've wanted to see you compete again.

Ruby: Nope, never again. Not getting swarmed.

Sapphire: Look, you already had that weird Haruka girl, so why not?

Ruby: Hmph! Fine...

Lisia: When are we doing it?

Ruby: Probably sometime after school, but I'll have to ask my parents. My dad is strict.

Sapphire: Why so?

Ruby: Well, he's a gym leader so he doesn't really want me-

Sapphire: DID YOU SAY, GYM LEADER?!?

Ruby: Yeah I know, my dad's SO cool.

Sapphire: Hey! You know I didn't mean it like that, and for the record, I think you're way cooler.

Then kinda just stared into each other's eyes. In retrospect, it was definitely awkward. Lisia then elbowed me in the stomach to cut the silence.

Sapphire: Hey! What was that for?

Lisia: The time?

Lisia pointed to the time, and it was about time to get back to class. I hurried along the halls, but then I saw Haruka, with a somewhat determined glare. I guess she'll be up to something at some point later.

School continued on, but I was constantly called out for not paying attention. I had contests and Haruka on my mind. My dad's gonna get furious when he sees my grades. Me and Lisia used to study with each other back in elementary, but Lisia was always helping me since Lisia didn't need to study. Then the bell rang and i could eat lunch, i was practically starving by then.

Sapphire: Hey Ruby!

Ruby: Hey.

Sapphire: I can't wait to see ya perform!

Ruby: I know, I know. I think I'll be performing right after school.

Sapphire: Got it. I still can't wait! Wait...is Lisia not here again?

Ruby: Huh, I actually don't know where she is this time.

Sapphire: Maybe bein' pestered by dat Haruka girl.

Ruby: Maybe...let's go search for her!

Ruby grabbed me by the hand and dragged me around the school. I couldn't help but notice how soft his hands were. I mean, of course a perfectionist like Ruby would have soft hands. There's nothing surprising about that. There's no need to think so much about it, but if that was the case why do I keep thinking about them. Not only his hands, his eyes, legs, even lips. What the hell am I doing. Then Ruby suddenly stopped.

Ruby: Hey Sapphire you okay? Your face is all red.

Sapphire: Really? U-um just ignore that.

I friggin embarrassed myself so hard. I just wanna die! But eventually we found Lisia.

Ruby: Sapphire, look.

We saw Lisia, once again being confronted by Haruka.

Haruka: You're friends with both Sapphire and Ruby. You have to be the one manipulating Ruby into liking that barbarian masquerading as a student!

Lisia: Hey, don't talk about Sapphire like that. Plus Ruby likes Sapphire, even if I didn't talk to him about her.

Haruka: So you did talk to him. You'll pay for what you've done to Ruby.

Lisia: Really? "You'll pay"? You sound real corny right now, and not a hint menacing. Instead of scary you're sounding like a villain of the week.

Then things escalated, fast. Haruka grabbed Lisia by the collar and slammed her against the wall.

Lisia: HEY STOP IT!

Lisia screamed as Haruka got creases on her outfit.

Haruka: Look at how the popular girls acting. Squealing, no one to help. Now that you know what I'll do, tell me, how do I make Ruby like me?

Sapphire: Maybe stop bein' an obsessed freak ya idiot!

Haruka: Sapphire?!?

Ruby: Wait Sapphire you can't hit her!

Sapphire: Ya duh. I don't need to though. Haruka, you absolute PSYCHOPATH! You're willin' to go this far just because ya have a school crush? LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!

Haruka: AND WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT? NO ONE'S GONNA SEE THIS.

Sapphire: actually...y'know what, how bout ya look around for ya self.

People all around were recording the fight with their phones, just as me and Lisia planned. I remembered when we were kids me and Lisia came up with a plan, if one of us ever got enough in trouble we would make as much noise as possible to attract bystanders. Thanks to Haruka we did this a lot easier than usual. Then thanks to the swarm of people recording a teacher came.

Teacher: What's up with all this commotion?

Student: Haruka was attacking Lisia.

Teacher: W-what?!? Haruka, Lisia in the office now!

And just like that the fight was resolved. Haruka had a lotta explaining to do, in the end she got suspended for a week. I'm just glad I didn't bash Haruka's skull in or else, y'know, homeschool. I do feel bad for Haruka, just a tiny bit though. I really pushed her to the edge with my insults, and how close I got to Ruby. I thought about Haruka a lil' bit more, and boom, school was over so in a flash. Now I could get to see Ruby perform, if my dad let me that is. I got out of school and walked up to my dad.

Sapphire: Hey dad...

Prof. Birch: What do you have on your mind?

Sapphire: How could you tell?!?

Prof. Birch: You're my daughter, of course I'd know.

Sapphire: Of course. I wanna go see Ruby perform in a contest.

Prof. Birch: Oh! Looks like you two have gotten quite close. So you're going to see him? I don't think that's very safe, going alone

Lisia: Well she's not going alone. She's going with me.

Prof. Birch: Lisia! I haven't seen you in ages. How have you been?

Lisia: Great! But anyway, now that you know that me and Sapphire are going together will you allow her to go?

Prof. Birch: Of course! But Sapphire better not cause any trouble.

Lisia: I promise she won't.

Then Lisia and I walked to the contest hall, but Lisia left halfway.

Lisia: Come on, you seriously thought I wasn't going to compete too?

Sapphire: Well ya can't blame me!

I walked to my seat. I saw the judges, anticipating fans, but I'm sure none of them would have expected what the host announced.

Host: Hello ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to another contest, today competing we have Kayla, Dave, and two very special contestants. Today we have Lisia, and Ruby!

The crowd went wild with cheers, guess the hype Ruby was talking about wasn't underplayed. Each person sent out their pokemon, Ruby's was a Milotic. He called out moves as the audience cheered. He was really passionate, Ruby's also caring like warned me not to hit Haruka cause I'd get homeschooled, I guess he's just really kind overall. I'm ready to go through this "best friend" thing like a breeze.

A/N AYOOOO! The long anticipated fic (for me) is finally done! This has gone through 2-ish revisions and was dangled in your faces, and then I went on break for 6 months. I have been working on this for so long and I'm glad that it's out. Hope you liked it! But now you have to wait 6 more months for chapter 4!