「 33; Blood Moon 」

▬▬▬▬

Sunghoon hated how this day came by so quickly. But he knew that he'd have to do what his friend told him. Thankfully, Heeseung gave him some information that he'll need.

"Good to see that you're doing well, my dear."

Funny. Not even an apology or an 'Are you okay?' was what came out of the older's mouth after the incident.

"You think I'm doing well?"

"I'm just assuming. Besides, I want to talk to you for a moment." Jake gestured for the younger to come near, standing by the window as he glanced at the night sky.

"What is it that you want?" Sunghoon asked in an expressionless tone, hiding his trembling state.

"Let's see.. us vampires used to be rabid creatures of the night. We'd burn immediately from the sun and the only thing on our minds was our hunger." He slowly started.

"And well, that was hundreds of years ago. Somehow we evolved into what we are now. We aren't some savages. We're different from humans but we're also similar in many ways."

Sunghoon made eye contact with the older male as he processed every word his lover said. His breathing sped up with each action Jaeyun would take. Something wasn't right.

"But.. the sky is beautiful today, isn't it?"

He placed his index finger under the younger's chin, lifting it up with a grin. Sunghoon noticed the crimson reflection in his eyes. Eyeing the window from his side as the moon started to be painted with red.

"It really is beautiful."

Sunghoon swiftly took out the antidote from his pocket. Holding Jaeyun by the throat as he injected the liquid into his neck. Seeing his widened eyes and slightly parted lips. Guilt slowly took over once he saw the weakened appearance of the older. But he only shook those thoughts away.

"W-what did you do?" Jake choked out until he was left unconscious.

🍷

Blinking a few times to get a clearer view of his surroundings. Only to find out that he was left in the same place as where he was minutes ago. This time, he felt his arms tied up and his legs crossed which didn't make it easier to move around.

"Hoon-ah! You need to get this shit off of me." The older demanded, trying his best to break out of the rope. The thing is, it was almost impossible for him to feel his own vampirism.

"It's too risky to let you go at this hour." Sunghoon responded, avoiding his gaze for him not to be tempted by the other's selfish wishes.

"But it is rather surprising how you caught me with that cowardly nature of yours. Did someone teach you that little trick?" He let out a light chuckle.

Sunghoon only now noticed how Jaeyun's true colors are being revealed as the time of the blood moon passes by. He could see how he wasn't actually acting like his normal self.

"I want to ask you something."

Jaeyun looked at him with serious eyes. His crooked smile now disappearing.

"Go ahead."

"What was the actual reason for you taking me in? I know it was because of my.. blood, but why did you spare me?"

Unexpectedly, the older male gave an amused laugh.

"It's because I'm in love with you! If I hadn't felt that genuine emotion before, you would've been dead by now." Jaeyun leaned in, smiling like a psychopath. Sending Sunghoon into a state of anxiety.

Sunghoon doesn't believe him. He doesn't trust those words coming from his mouth. Although from the message he received, don't vampires almost always tell the truth during the blood moon?

"I know that you may think I'm lying. But please, I'm only answering your question truthfully."

...

"I know you're scared of me, Sunghoon. You always are." I don't want you to fear me though. I don't want to be feared by anyone.

The younger felt a bit sorry for him. But should he be? I mean all those things he did were nearly unforgivable. Why must he feel sympathy toward him?

"Of course I am. You're a fucking monster, you know that? You're making my life a living hell. Yet you brush it off like you only care about yourself.

Even so, it's also my fault for willingly offering myself to you back then. I was stupid to think that it would benefit me too."

Sunghoon spoke with a fuming expression. Letting all his frustration out onto the older as his eyes got watery.

Jake would've lashed out at him by now, or even attempt to break out of this trance he's in. Though he only took those words to heart.

"I'm sorry."

The younger only scoffed, turning away from the older. "Fuck you, really."

Silence then engulfed the both of them. It wasn't that suffocating, just awkward. And to think that they're actually dating..

"..Y'know I am sort of thankful that you have put me in this state despite this rope killing me right now. The blood moon usually takes our self-control away." The older smiled sweetly, trying to lighten up the mood. The younger however seemed to be in deep thought.

"Ah, how I could stare at this beauty in front of me for hours." It's clear that the male is starting to get bored waiting for the sky to clear up. No surprise that this occasion would take up to two or three hours.

Suddenly, Sunghoon carefully untied the rope that was tied to the older's wrists. Holding them with his own.

"Hey wait– what are you doing–?"

He finally had the courage to look back at him. Jaeyun's gaze contrasting from his. Intertwining their fingers together as Sunghoon let out a sigh.

"I've been thinking and..

I don't think I can stay here any longer."

▬▬▬▬

── Ready to end the story? :D