「 30; Threat In Front 」

▬▬▬▬

A couple of months passed by. Yet the two lovebirds grew even closer. Bound by a string attached to them. Bound to be together.

It's how fate works. You're born, you grow up, you eventually fall in love, and you die. Well that's meant for some people at least.

And right now Sunghoon is fiddling with his fingers, worrying about their date of the week.

"You'll be fine," Is what he would tell himself. To be fine, okay, great.

Though, throughout the months, nothing much has changed. They're still the same person. Sim Jake and Park Sunghoon.

What did change was Sunghoon's perspective toward his lover. But he's still the same male he met last year.  Still acted the same, talked the same, and crave for the same thing.

So why? Why does he have the need to feel fear towards the one he calls his 'significant other'?

"May I come in?" A knock on the door interrupted his train of thought. Then replying with an affirmative answer.

There he saw his boyfriend approaching him. Sitting beside him on the bed, but not too close at least.

"You look stressed. What's wrong, love?" His voice, his oh-so soothing voice that Sunghoon wants to melt in.

"I just.." He paused, burying his head in his palms right after. "I don't know. I don't feel like myself right now. I need to rest."

"Well, I can cancel our date later if that's fine with you." Jake reassured him while the younger denied his words.

"But then you'll be upset. I don't want to feel guilty for canceling a special day!"

"Look, we can move our date to tomorrow instead." The older placed his palm over the younger's. Sunghoon felt a bit of a spark in him from the touch. It made him feel like he's not alone.

"Anyway, what I originally wanted to share with you was what this day meant." He started off with a hesitant tone.

"Do you know what the date is today, Hoon?"

"It's August 31." Sunghoon recalled, gazing at his lover who chuckled.

"That's right. It was the day I took you in." Jake stated as he smiled at the younger. Then turned away, staring at the floor beneath them.