22. Intimacy

Instead of going to the club, we decided to go to the park

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Instead of going to the club, we decided to go to the park. I know, a 180-degree change. That was honestly Alba's idea.

So here we are now, sitting in a circle in the middle of the dark park, with no light coming from anywhere other than the flashes coming from our phones. It's a good thing actually, that there's no light because we are fugitives, at least everyone is except Alba and Andrew, who is sitting next to Alba and getting glares from poor Cash.

I guess I should have phrased that better.

While Cash is too busy glaring at Andrew, Andrew is busy staring at Alba. She's talking to her brother, ignoring both men, who are sitting beside her. After apparently having enough of them, she opens a conversation that would make both of them suffer from anger.

"Rafa, there's something I have been meaning to talk to you about."

"What is it, Alba?" Rafael asks as he scrolls through his phone.

"I...remember Jeremy? The guy I had been talking to the last few months?"

"I don't remember a Jeremy, but what's up?" he asks, putting his phone aside. "Did he do something to you?"

"No, no! He did nothing. It's just...we started dating last month."

Silence fills the air as the three men sitting with us look at Alba with angry looks. I didn't even know Andrew has a thing for Alba, but apparently, he does.

"What do you mean, you started dating?" Rafael asks in a deep voice, making me want to place my hand on his arm to stop him from any advances.

"What it exactly means...I guess," she replies nervously.

"Have you been meeting with him?" he asks.

"No, he does not live in Spain. He's in the U.S."

"How did you meet him?"

"He came here a couple of months ago to visit and we met."

"Where?"

"Rafa, can you stop the investigation already." Alba huffs, earning a glare from her brother.

"Answer me, Alba."

"At the bar."

"Are you serious?! You met with a guy at a bar and now you are dating?" he gets worked up and his tone becomes harsher.

I finally decide to place my hand on his arm, making him look at me. I mouth a "calm down" to him, and he immediately calms down as if remembering I am still here.

It makes my heart warm knowing that I have a certain effect on him just as he has on me. A blush makes its way to my cheeks, taking me away from the scene unfolding in front of me. Rafael and I have been getting close to one another and it's something I thought would never happen, seeing that I hated him when I first met him. He was arrogant and rude and still is, but now it's different. Now, I like him.