17. Pesadillas

"What?" I press the phone to my ear

"How dare you break up with my daughter!" His voice booms through the phone.

"We can't be together. Find another solution or don't. I don't care."

"You have just declared war on us, Rafael. Be ready." With that, he hangs up, making me slam the phone on the nearest wall in my office.

I don't care about fighting with him, my only concern is my father. I let him down and I couldn't push myself to stay with her. I am supposed to be with her forever, yet I couldn't stay with her for more than a month like a pussy. My emotions got the best of me and I acted according to my heart, something I can't bear to do. Mafia dons acting with their hearts will only result in their doom.

And I am not going to let that happen to me.

"Carmen knows where we live, we need to move," I tell Alex.

"What do you mean move? We can't just move like that."

"We can. We have many mansions across the country, choose one and let me know."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Alex."

I walk to my sister's room and knock on the door. She opens the door after a few seconds and glares at me.

"What do you want, Rafe?"

"Is it a bad time?"

"Yes! I am painting my nails. You can't just knock and disturb me."

I roll my eyes and walk in, making her yell at me to leave. "What the hell, Rafael?"

Oh, she used my full name. This is not good.

"I need your help with something."

She looks weirdly at me and says, "is it a girl problem again?"

"Yes," I reply hesitantly.

"What happened again?" She sighs, putting the nail polish away.

I sit on her bed beside her and start talking. "An hour ago, we were in the backyard and—"

"We as in who?" She cuts me off.

"You know who, Alba." I glare, making her giggle.

"Anyways, we were talking and she was making sure I was okay and—" I stop mid-sentence, scared to say the next words as I am embarrassed for an unknown reason. Maybe because I don't want to talk about this with my sister, but I have no one else to talk to, and I certainly won't talk about Ana to the guys.

"And what, Rafa?"

"I wanted to...kiss her."

"Good god, why do I have to listen to all of this!" She exclaims playfully.