• eternity's adoration - halloween oneshot •

I meant to write this on Halloween but I forgot
possessed hunter and also another possessed grimwalker (remember that Alexander guy I wrote a oneshot about? yeah. him. ) originally I planned this to be a fic of its own, but had to scrap that idea since I didnt have time
do lmk if you'd like a longer version!!
anyways, I hope you enjoy my belated Halloween oneshot!!

•••

The open field seemed to crawl outwards forever, the combination of wilted flowers and dead grass that made a crunching sound while you ran. Something moved in the corner of your eye, but when you glanced over there was nothing.
Only the wilted flower petals that seemed eerily still.

"Fool!" You yelled at yourself, panting heavily before collapsing in the grass.

Sure, you hadn't meant to save those vile twins, it just had happened whilst you were escaping a dreadful argument, it just happened. Yet, you regret it more than anything else. The brownish colored grass crumbled under you as your tears fell.

Just a few more steps, you'd be out of this realm and back into your own. Three steps would get you there.

Willing yourself to get up, you became acutely aware of something near you. To see if it wasn't your mind playing tricks on you, you took a step forward cautiously. Behind you, towards the right, the unmistakable sound a dried grass being stepped on was heard.

"Going somewhere?"

"It would be such a shame to lose you, Y/n. You're the one thing that brings life to our realm."

Two steps until your out. Their voices can't haunt you forever. Two steps, and you'll be back with your friend. Gosh, it's been so long, you can't even remember the petty argument you had with Amity that caused you to run off. It felt as if it had been years.

You attempted to force yourself to take another step but found it merely impossible. Vines, dark and soulless as the realm you were stuck on, had wrapped around your legs. Was this their last attempt to keep you here? It wasn't going to work.
Or so you thought.

"We refuse to let the life of our realm leave." The two spoke at once.

A claw was placed on your chin, and you were forced to look one in his cold eyes. Hunter.

"With you here, everything has finally been flourishing, it's like you carry the heart to our world! Why would you want to leave us?" He asked, tilting his head.

You blinked, and there was nothing there. Breathing heavily, you found yourself able to take another step.

One more step. One final step and you'd be free. Though, you knew you shouldn't rejoice too soon.

After all, you knew that those cruel-hearted twins were watching your every move.

With a deep breath, you took the final step.... and was sent flying backwards from an invisible barrier. You landed three steps away from your only exit.

You had sacrificed everything. You lost your one guide in this realm, a cardinal named Flapjack, to those twins. You lost your way, and now you can't even escape.

'Heart of this world...?' You thought, and then you remembered something striking.

Your childhood best friends, a set of twins who's names and faces where blank, had gifted you a heart necklace before you parted ways.

It was something you always wore, particularly because of it's intriguing design, and you tugged it out from under your shirt.

Amazingly, it was glowing a brilliant (color), and you knew that you had to discard your beloved necklace.

However, when you grabbed it to yank it off your neck, you cried out in pain.

The necklace had burned you. It burned you for touching it, and it most certainly burned your one dream; escape.

Completely done with this realm's stupidity, you started to sob.

"Oh, seems our realm's heart as finally accepted the chosen fate!" A voice rang clear from behind you. "Now allow me to attend your wound, I'm sure you realize now who we are."

The person who kneeled down in front of you, Hunter, scratched his claws delicately on the burn, while the other, Alexander, began wiping away your tears.

"Life with us won't be so bad," Alexander spoke reassuringly. "You have eternity to realize that."

••

This oneshot can be taken as either platonic or romantic (both one-sided, obviously) I suppose, but it feels more platonic to me.

Thanks for reading!! Next oneshot is going to be fluffy <33