★ West Side Story au ★

/
I LOVED WSS WHEN I WATCHED IT SO IF YOU HAVENT SEEM IT GO WATCH IT.

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR WEST SIDE STORY!!
/
you're maria, he's tony. also Luz is Bernardo and her friends are all humans for plot convenience
/

It was a quiet day in Bonesborough, after the recent events that caused humans to begin living on the isles.

They weren't very accepted, more outcasts than anything. You were the younger sibling of Luz Noceda, a notorious leader of a hang entirely of humans. Also, you lived with her and her girlfriend, helping them pay rent.

Y'know, everything seemed fine.

All up until that dance, organized by Raine Whispers in an attempt to make humans and witches get along better.

You were set up with a girl named Willow as your date to the dance, and although Willow was very sweet, you could not love her romantically.

The dance was a terrible disaster, everyone going off on their own and ignoring Raine. It was about then, you noticed a rather tall, ashy blonde haired boy with a sharp scar on his cheek. He was a witch, clearly, but he wasn't joining in on the dancing; he had no one to dance with.

It was then you noticed his piercing red eyes boring into yours.

You mumbled a wow, and started walking towards the bleachers of the sad Hexside school gym they'd decided to hold this dance in, never losing eye contact. The boy followed, and you two met under the bleachers.

Talking with him, you learned his name was Hunter and he was apart of your sister's rival gang.

Speaking of your sister, she found you two and went off on Hunter, sparking the idea of a fight.

•••

How were you to feel now? The fight had happened, Luz was left dead, as you learned from Willow. Hunter came to visit, and you tried telling him to get out, yet he was stubborn.

He had killed your sister.

You heard Luz's girlfriend, Amity, get home, crying. Pleading with Hunter to leave, he finally did, but about halfway through the window, Amity opened the door and gasped angrily.

He got out, and you were left to deal with Amity.

"Very smart, y/n, very smart!" She cried, pain and hurt filling her voice and setting the tone. "A boy who kills, cannot love. A boy who kills has no heart!"

"I'm sorry, but—" You started.

"Save it," Amity snarled. "Just ... leave with him, if you're going to cry that you still love that murderer. "

"Fine." You shook your head.

You had planned to run away with Hunter anyways, why was this hurting so much?

-----------

{ thanks for reading!

- hunter. }

 }