| Breakdown |

El and Mike never dated in this... also it's a bit after s4 plus they killed Vecna
Art cred: noodles_and_tea

It was just a normal day. Nothing special. Mike and Will were going on with their day. Meeting on the school bus in the morning, going to classes together, eating lunch together, kissing each other secretly. And deciding to hang out together after school. It was a normal day. But something in Will didn't seem right.

Mike noticed. He always noticed. Will wasn't as energetic, he seemed like he was on the verge of tears all the time. And the worst part. He had come back from the bathroom. His eyes red and puffy. He had cried. Mike didn't know what had happened. But something was wrong.

Will wasn't in the best mood. He had woken up 2 hours before his alarm. His eye bags way too noticeable. But there wasn't really anything wrong. He just had a feeling. Maybe it was Jonathan. Jonathan who was now in college. Who was no longer home with Will. Will had cried when he left a few weeks ago. Not wanting to go out of his room. Until Mike had come over. Joyce had asked Mike to come over since she wasn't allowed to go in. And Mike had been able to come in. And Will had fully broken down. It was also then that Will had confessed. He couldn't keep it together but he wasn't expecting to get a kiss from the taller boy he had confessed to. Both confessed that day and ended up dating.

As they walked home Mike was staring at Will. He didn't really know what he was staring at. Maybe Will's eyes. Or his face. Or his behind. But something made his body tingle and send butterflies all the way through him.

They made their way down to the basement. Will clearly walking with heavier steps. Mike furrowed his eyebrows at the boy.
"Will... sit down" Mike said, gesturing at the couch.
Will thought this was something bad. His eyes filled with tears ready to pour out. Was Mike gonna breakup with him? Was he moving away? Does he not like me anymore?

"Will, what's wrong?"
"W-What...?" Will was surprised at the sentence.
Mike was sat beside him. Grabbing his hand and intervening their finger. Caressing it gently.
"Will, I know you cried in the bathroom earlier at school, and I'd not know you just seem off... you know you can tell me everything..."

Will's eyes grew wide. A tear falling out of his eye as his vision got blurry. He began crying. Mike taking Will in his arms. Hugging him tightly.
"I-I-I'm sorry... I just m-miss Jonathan and I feel like the house is s-so empty without him... a-and now mom is on a trip w-with Hopper....and E-El spends her days at m-m-max's and I just feel like something is g-gonna come after me..."

Will sobbed. He really didn't like being alone. He hated it. And with Winter coming he was even more terrified. The cold... the cold bringing back all the memories and the darkness. He hated winter. He hated November 6th and everything after that.
Mike held Will as clos as he could. Rubbing his back gently. Not wanting to let go of hsi crying boyfriend. He didn't really know what to say. But the words would spill out of him.

"Will... why didn't you tell me?! You could have stayed here! We could have just had sleepovers for a few days until your mom came back.. Will you know I love you and I would never, ever, let anything bad happen to you... again"
Will looked up shocked at Mike. Not in a comforted way. In a different way.
"Y-You l-love me?" Will siad, surprised. Mike had never said that.
"Y-yes..." Mike didn't want to say it, or he wanted to. He just didn't think it would be now. But he did live Will. He loved Will with all his heart.
"I-I love you too..." those three words made Mike cry.

They spent the rest of the night trying to stop crying. But laughing while sobbing. Wills mood turned around. He was glad Mike existed.

Word count: 721