'-'/ Hellfire \'-'

Vecna stuff didn't happen, blah blah blah
They did move
Art cred: noodles_and_tea (yay!)

After everything, The Byers and Hoppers had finally agreed to move back to Hawkins. It was amazing news for all the friends. Getting to be back together. Even if Will knew he might actually feel worse because of it. He knew his friends had each other. Lucas had Max. Mike had El. And somehow while Will had been gone Dustin had Steve. It was painful for Will to watch as his best friends chose a girl instead of him. The worst it being his step-sister now.

Will would cry himself to sleep wanting to be his sister so bad. But he couldn't. He could never be that girl Mike would love.
The bus stopped in front of the school. El jumping off and walking straight to Max.

"Hey! Will! Over here!" I heard a familiar voice. Dustin.
I lead my steps over to my curly haired friend.
"I was wondering if you wanted to join Hellfire tonight? Since I know you like d&d-"
"Wait- d&d?"
"Oh, yeah it's a d&d club, Mike told you about it?"
"Sorry to say but we have barely talked... he sent most of his letters to El"
"That bastard, I should have told you myself... although you still up to join?"
"Obviously" Will say right as the geek rings.

He waves bye to Dustin, seeing they'll meet at lunch.

*~^~^~^ Time skip ^~^~^~^~*

Will's pov-
I meet up with Dustin by the school doors. He said he'd show me to the Hellfire club room. It's funny. I thought my first day back was gonna be spent mopping over having no one to talk to but Dustin seems to have no one to talk to either. Maybe we will be able to bond like the old times.
I see him waving at me. And someone else. Is that... Erica?

"Okay? Explain?"
"Erica is a part of Hellfire? Nothing weird?" Dustin says in a funny tone.
"Alright, alright"

We start walking. Erica somehow has a lot of stuff about d&d. When did she become a nerd? Maybe after I moved. We get to a door and Dustin opens it. There's a guy with curly dark hair sitting in front of us. He looks a lot older than a high schooler but I don't question.
"Eddie, this is Will-"
"Oh, Wheeler's little friend?" Eddie says looking up.

He steps up to me and I feel a kick of anxiety hit in. He reaches out his hand.
"Welcome to Hellfire"
"Wow, took me a whole speech to get in and this mushroom zero words to be a member?" Erica says, she's sassy.
"Sorry, not sorry" Eddie says, letting go of my hand and sitting back down.

Dustin takes a seat at the table. Everyone seems to have a specific seat because they don't sit near each other.

"So, kid, Will... what's your last name?" Eddie says randomly.
"Will... Byers?"
"Zombie boy? Shit-"

Of course. What did I expect? A day back in Hawkins and I'm already back to being a zombie. Soon I'll be called fag and fairy again.
"Woah, man, not cool" Dustin says.
"Sorry, anyways- Byers, you wanna write a campaign? I've been running low on ideas"
"Why can't I write-"

Dustin's words get cut of by the door bursting open. Mike and Lucas rush through the door, both panting out 'sorries' and 'sorry we're late'.
Mike's eyes seem to set on me as he notices me.
"Dang this is more painful in person..." Eddie says out of the blue again.

Mike's pov-

"What?" Will says, his voice so... calm.

I give Eddie a death stare. He can't expose me like that. Eddie is the only guy who was actually gay. So I told him how I felt about Will and he had tried to give me advice. It didn't work very well. All my letters to Will got scratched due to my thoughts being unable to keep themselves in my head. I would write what I was feeling at the moment. What thought was streaming through my head about the boy.
Most of the letters were filled with the same sentences.

'I love you, William Byers' or 'I wanna be yours'

It sounds creepy I know. But it was my thoughts. I had hidden them from Will by dating his sister. It sounds stupid when I think back about it but it was when I didn't want to know about my feelings.

"Oh, you know... Mike's obvious crush~" Dustin teased.
Wait, how does he know?
"I already know he's together with El-"
"Oh it's not El, he barely even talks about her" Eddie jumps up.
"Could you guys just shut-"
"You're cheating on El?" I get interrupted by Will.
"N-No... god dammit it was more painful then I thought..." Eddie says.

He grabs both me and Will by the shoulders. Pushing us over to the middle of the room. Everyone else stood up. Leaving the room.
"Will your up on campaign duty just so you know" Eddie says before walking out, proud.
"Guys- what?" I say.
"You guys need to talk, sorry man" Lucas says.
"Yeah really need to, this tension is killing me" Erica says leaving the room as well.

Will's pov-

I'm staring at Mike. His chocolate eyes mesmerising. But something feels off. Like he isn't actually telling the whole truth. And everyone being suspicious of it just feels more wrong. Was he actually cheating on El? In that case I would need to beat him up. I know I'm a little jealous of El but she doesn't deserve that. She's so sweet.

"Mike?"

"Will?" He finally looks at me.

My cheeks heating up and flushing my face a red color. We are so close. Almost too close. Or is he getting closer. Wait- he i-

Before I could finish my thoughts I feel a pair of lips against my own. But not just anyone's lips. Mike Wheeler's lips. My childhood crush is... kissing me? My stomach flutters at the sentence my head formed. Does that mean he likes me? No he likes El, right?
I slowly push him off me. His face looks devastated as I do. I don't want to hurt him or El.

"Y-Your dating El... this is wrong..."
"Who said I was dating her..." I hear him mumble. His words were so faint I almost didn't catch it.
"What?"
"I'm not dating El! Okay! And I'm sorry I-I... kissed you..."
"Why would you be sorry?" I mumble.

He looks at me. His eyes glimmering. I feel his hand touch against mine.
"Can I kiss you again..."
"Yes" I say, not a second after his lips are all over mine.

I can feel his body against mine. His heart beats rapidly in his chest as he pushes me lightly against the wall. I crawl the collar of his shirt, dragging him down further. My stomach exploding with fireworks. He breaks apart and stares at me. His mouth wide open. Him breathing against me.

"W-Will..." he says, whispering.
"What?" I whisper back.
"I think I've fallen in love with you..."
"I think I did first"

Lol this was kinda fun to write, just both of the totally oblivious and everyone else seeing through it.
Word count: 1226