| One Last Kiss |

Yass, back at it again
Art cred: noodles_and_tea
TW: I made myself cry by writing this

Everyone was already crying their eyes out at the thought of the Byers having to move away from their home. From all their friends. From Hawkins.
They had spent the last 3 months doing fun stuff together. Going swimming in the lake, shopping, going to the arcade. They had done everything and now it was time for them to move.

El was still a bit torn at the fact that her father was now dead. And her powers were gone. She couldn't get a teddy bear down from the top shelf. Mike had come into the room to grab it for her. She still didn't like Mike that much. There was something off about him. She didn't feel like getting back together with him. Max had been right.

'There's more to life than stupid boys'

That's what Mike was. Just a stupid boy. She walked away to go and find Joyce and Max. She wanted to talk to Max. She needed to talk to Max. That sleepover was something she had wanted to talk about for the last 3 months.

Mike was left with an empty feeling in his stomach. He knew El didn't want to get back together. And there was a part of him that didn't want that either. He got out into the kitchen packing a random item into one of the boxes.
He could hear Max and Lucas taunting Dustin. It was a little funny. Everyone thought Dustin's girlfriend was fake but turns out she can save the world.

"please shut up!" Dustin shouted as Will walked into the kitchen, placing his d&d in the donation box. He didn't want to bring it. It felt like something that should stay in Hawkins. A memory from Hawkins. All the old d&d games they had played.

"Woah, dude, that's the donation box?" He heard Mike say.
"I know... I'll just use yours when I come back... I mean if we still wanna play"
"Y-Yeah isn't just, what if you want to join another party?"

Will looked at him. His head shaking.
"Not possible" he turned his head to walk away, going back into his now almost empty room.

"Hey Will!" Mike said, walking into the old room. The same room he had held Will's hand for the first time. The same room that had been covered in the upside down tunnels. The same tunnels he had explored with Steve and the party. The tunnels Will had been connected to.

He stepped up to his best friend. His heart pounding at the thought of what he wanted to do.
"I-I'm..."

He closed the gap in between them. Kissing his childhood friend. His hand holding the boy's cheek. His eyes closed. His cheeks burning. His stomach exploding. Until he felt Will's soft lips start to press against his own. He pulled apart and smiled at the boy. A smile he didn't control.

"I will call you when I get to Lenora... I know your number by heart and I can give you mine-" Will started rambling.
"Will I love you..." Mike said.
Will fell silent. His eyes widening at the boy's words. The boy he had been in love with for so long. Was confessing his love for him.
"Love you too..." Will said, feeling a burn inside him.

His heart skipped a beat when he felt the boy's lips on his again. His heart melting at the touch. The taller boy's hands placed on his hips. Holding him tight. They're kiss was passionate. Deep. Like neither wanted to pull apart. Wills hands resting on Mike's shoulders.

There was a knock and both the boy's turned quickly to look at who it was. Both pulling away from each other. Nancy and Jonathan sharing a glance before smiling at both their brothers.

"You all packed buddy?" Jonathan looked like he had cried.
"Yeah... sadly" Will said, walking out with the rest.

They were all a crying mess. Everyone taking turns to hug each other. El and Max never let go. Nancy and Jonathan both trying to comfort each other. The original party doing one last group hug. They all watched as everyone was going to the cars. El with Joyce and Will with Jonathan.

"Will!" Mike screamed before the boy sat down in the car.

Mike had run up to him. His eyes watery. He grabbed Will's face and kissed him. Not caring that the rest were there watching. He wanted to kiss this boy more but wasn't able to. This would be their last kiss. Will didn't hold back in kissing the boy back. His hands still on the car door. They pulled away eventually.

"See you around Christmas..." Will cried, sitting down in the car waving bye to all his friends.

Why did I write this, idk, do I regret writing this, idk
Word count: 827