Chapter 766: Don't Cry, Are You Trying to Make my Wife Look Ugly

"You promise, you promise. You promise all the time, and yet I still end up worrying." Li Beinian choked with grievance. "Your promise is worthless."

Mu Xichen looked helpless. He lowered his head to touch her face and gently wiped away her tears. "Don't cry. Are you trying to make my wife look ugly?"

Li Beinian was so amused by his words that she found herself unable to cry, but neither was she in the mood to laugh.

She punched his shoulder angrily and said, "It's your fault that your wife looks ugly!"

"Okay, okay. I was in the wrong." Mu Xichen held her fist and said helplessly.

His eyes were dark and burning yet sparkling with light.

There was a raging fire in his heart. Unable to resist it any longer, he lowered his head and kissed her ruby red lips.

Li Beinian pouted and tried to push him away. However, the man wouldn't let go. Instead, he leaned forward and wrapped his arms around her waist as he gradually deepened the kiss.

"Mmmm..." Li Beinian pushed him away. Her face was flushed as she mumbled," Aren't you tired? "

"I'm tired." Mu Xichen's lips rested on the corner of her mouth. He slowly moved down her neck and kissed her tender flesh. His voice was low and muffled as he said, "I'm tired of being vegan."

He lifted the hem of her pajamas and pulled her under his strong body. His breath was scorching and his lips and teeth teasingly bit on her soft skin. "We haven't done it in a long time. I've missed you."

Following his lead, Li Beinian slipped her hands under his arms and hooked them around his shoulders. Her breathing quickened slightly as he teased her. She narrowed her eyes slightly and whispered passionately, "Me too..."

Mu Xichen kissed her again. This time, his movements were more urgent. He lifted her shirt and caressed her.

After being apart for almost a month, Mu Xichen was particularly amorous.

It was rare for Li Beinian to be able to take it all in. She tossed and turned beneath him, moaning passionately. Finally, she fell asleep in his arms as he carried her to the bathroom.

Afraid that he would disappear early in the morning, Li Beinian did not sleep well.

Every now and then, she would open her eyes to look at him, falling asleep only after she had put her arms around his waist to secure him.

Even so, like a curse, she ended up having a nightmare.

In her dream, she seemed to have returned to the villa that Mu Donglin had set up.

The servants treated her respectfully in front of others, but behind her back, they did not treat her with much enthusiasm or respect.

On that day, Mu Donglin brought her to her grandfather's house in Qian Zhou.

In Old Master Li's opinion, Mu Donglin had always been a good son-in-law and a good man.

Besides, Li Beinian did not want others to know that she was being neglected, so Grandpa had no idea that she was not doing well.

After spending time at her grandfather's house all morning, an unfamiliar guest turned up.

The guest was a British of mixed parentage, he looked to be in his thirties, perhaps even hitting forty.

She heard them calling him: Nico.

Li Beinian did not know this man, but she could clearly feel her grandpa's dislike for him.