Chapter 670: The Wedding Date Has Been Set

The two grandfathers not only knew each other, but they seemed to be on good terms?

Li Beinian looked at Mu Xichen in surprise.

Mu Xichen’s expression was unchanged.

It seemed like he already knew.

Seeing that the two elders were seated at the table, Li Beinian walked towards Mu Xichen and whispered, “Grandpa and Grandpa seem to be quite close.”

“Yes, they were colleagues back then.”

“Colleagues?”

This stunned Li Beinian.

Mu Xichen nodded and said, “Grandpa used to have a high position in the army.”

“I know, but my Grandpa…”

“Your Grandpa used to be the secretary-general.” Mu Xichen seemed surprised. “Didn’t you know?”

Li Beinian was a little taken aback, and was not familiar with the concept of the title of Secretary General.

She assumed that the secretary-general was like the leader of the secretaries in large companies.

Similar to the positions of head nurses or captains.

However, from the way that Mu Xichen was talking about it, it didn’t seem this was the case.

Li Beinian hesitated for a moment and asked, “What sort of position is the secretary general?”

“Secretary. General. Of. The. State. Council.”

Li Beinian widened her eyes in disbelief. “No way? How did you know?”

Having lived for two lifetimes now, this was the first time Li Beinian had ever heard this identity of her grandfather!

Wasn’t… wasn’t… wasn’t Li Xu just a businessman?

Mu Xichen looked at Li Beinian and smiled. “How could you not know?”

“I…” Li Beinian was embarrassed. “No one told me. Why didn’t you tell me if you knew?”

“I thought you knew.”

“…”

In reality, Li Beinian really should have known.

No wonder.

Even now, wherever Li Xu went, his excellent reputation brought him respect and goodwill.

Especially among the older generation, every time they heard Li Xu’s name, they would feel deeply respectful.

Li Beinian had always naively thought that Old Master Li’s business back then was huge, and that was why everyone was in awe of him now.

Unexpectedly, there was this other history.

Li Beinian secretly smacked her lips and looked at Old Master Li differently.

Very quickly, she pulled Mu Xichen along to wash his hands before dinner.

Mo Shengxing, Mo Shengyun, and Gu Mingye came to join them, making the usually quiet dining table especially lively.

Old Master Li and Old Master Mo, however, reminisced all throughout dinner.

It was obvious that they had a good relationship back then.

But strangely, Old Master Li had never mentioned Old Master Mo.

Her previous life aside, as Li Beinian was never that close to Old Master Li.

But in this life…

They were about to become relatives!