Chapter 666: The Two Grandfathers Are Meeting

News of what happened to Li Xueqing had started spreading like wildfire on the internet.

Li Haoran wanted to suppress it, but it was impossible.

Li Beinian knew that Mu Xichen must have done something. Otherwise, given Dawn Entertainment’s reputation, it wouldn’t have escalated this way.

The human traffickers had also been interrogated. From their phone records, they found the person who dug the pit. Through this person, they uncovered the mastermind.

Miraculously, whenever the police were about to take the next step, a hacker would intervene and inform the police of the correct clues.

When Li Beinian heard this, she immediately thought of 7740’s T Jing.

These elusive hackers left everyone feeling rather helpless; at the same time, they were highly respected experts.

By the third day following Li Xueqing’s incident, most of the clues had been collected. Li Xueqing went from being a victim to a suspect and was then summoned to the police station.

She insisted that she had been wronged and made an assertive statement. However, there was irrefutable evidence.

On the other hand, the police knew very well that Li Xueqing would never be able to do such a thing herself. Hence at the same time, they forced another person to confess—Lin Kerou.

During the interrogation, Li Xueqing broke down and kept shrieking. “It wasn’t me, it wasn’t me! It was Lin Kerou. It was all Lin Kerou’s idea. I was just an accomplice. Lin Kerou was the mastermind!”

Hence, Lin Kerou was also summoned.

Having being summoned to court, Lin Kerou remained calm throughout. At the same time, she looked so pitiful and almost fainted when she was asked a critical question.

After being sent to the hospital, they realized that she was more than a month pregnant.

Given such an unexpected situation, they had to stop the interrogation.

The inspection team could only work with circumstantial evidence.

The difficulty was that there was no evidence pointing to Lin Kerou.

Apart from Li Xueqing’s accusation, there was nothing else.

As a result, Lin Kerou was released on account of her pregnancy as well as because of her relationships to Lin Ya and Mu Donglin.

During the final trial, the comrades who had participated in the training with Li Beinian all turned up.

Li Xueqing’s face was pale as she sat on the defendant’s seat and cried.

The lawyer seemed to have exhausted all his arguments. Li Xueqing pleaded guilty of her crime.

Noting her good attitude in admitting her error and seeing that she had cooperated with the investigation, the judge sentenced her to ten months in jail and a year on probation.

However, when the verdict was announced, Li Beinian suddenly stood up. “I have new evidence.”

No one had expected this.

As everyone looked on, stunned, Li Beinian drew out a recording pen. “This is a recording of Li Xueqing and Lin Kerou plotting to frame me at my engagement ceremony with Mr. Mu Donglin about three months ago.”

Li Xueqing was stunned and immediately screamed, “Bullsh*t, when did I plot to frame you! If you have this evidence, why didn’t you show it earlier, you…”