Chapter 694: She Was the One Who Caused Mu Xichen's Plight

Mu Xichen remained expressionless.

But in her memory, she had clearly caught a glimpse of the emotions underlying the cold exterior.

There was shock and surprise in his eyes, but it disappeared as quickly as it had come.

At that time, Li Beinian did not notice this man’s strange emotions. She only felt that he did not seem too annoyed, before she turned and ran away blushing.

After that day, Mu Xichen disappeared from Qian Zhou.

The girl was utterly disappointed and quickly moved out of Qian Zhou as well.

However, after some time, perhaps a month or two, Lin Kerou asked her out.

The meeting venue was very special. It was a well-known entertainment venue in Guang City – Paradise Entertainment City.

Lin Kerou was ushered to the casino on the ninth floor. The patrons here were all rather powerful people with background, and were high-rollers.

Lin Kerou instigated her to play poker. Li Beinian grew up addicted to gambling and won without a doubt.

Later on, they entered a private room where the CEOs of various companies were having fun.

Li Beinian was very good at counting and remembering cards, but she had no defense against trickery.

She had a bad temper and was very aggressive. After she had caught a person cheating, she started shouting.

Soon after, a small crowd gathered around her.

Lin Kerou was not there. She seemed to have gone to the washroom.

At that time, Li Beinian almost got into a fight with a group of men.

Eventually, a man spoke.

He said, “I heard that someone cheated?”

The person walked in calmly with a dull voice. He scanned the crowd and his gaze paused briefly on Li Beinian before looking at the person who had just been caught.

Mu Xichen said something, and then immediately the cheater’s hand was chopped off and he was thrown out.

Li Beinian was upset, but she was also crazily infatuated with Mu Xichen.

After leaving Paradise, Li Beinian followed closely behind him without saying a word.

In the end, Gu Mingye couldn’t help but say, “Miss Li, do stop following us if you don’t have a good reason to. Be careful of getting beaten up.”

Li Beinian straightened up and said, “I’m not afraid. You’ve just saved me back there. Let me treat you to a meal!”

As she spoke, she ran towards Mu Xichen. “Leader Mu, are you hungry? How about I treat you to supper?”

Mu Xichen did not answer directly but looked at Gu Mingye. “Are you hungry?”

Gu Mingye was taken by surprise, and then replied awkwardly. “A little.”

After that, everything developed naturally. Li Beinian became bolder and more clingy towards him. Eventually, she seemed to have forgotten the fact that she was married and had a husband.

After having known him for half a year, Li Beinian finally found out that he lived in Qing Shui Fu.

She had hung out with him a few times so the security officer recognized her and let her in.

However every time she went knocking on his door, no one would open it.

She would end up feeling somewhat defeated, and then would hover around outside his door all day.