Chapter 679: Ah Ye, Will You Marry Me?

Mo Shengyun noticed his reaction and sniffed. “It’s crooked.”

Gu Mingye lowered his head to look at her again. His eyes avoided her beautiful voluptuousness as he repositioned the thermometer.

After that, he looked up, a little embarrassed, and said, “Sleep for a while, I’ll wake you up later.”

Mo Shengyun pouted and choked. “Are you trying to run away?”

“No I won’t.” Gu Mingye stroked her head. “Behave yourself. Once you’re done, I’ll carry you into the room to sleep.”

Mo Shengyun mumbled a response and closed her eyes.

Because of her family background, Mo Shengyun had a good level of physical fitness.

She exercised and ate regularly, her body was well-proportioned and slim. The man carried her easily.

Gu Mingye placed her on the bed and covered her with a blanket. He sat by the bed and looked at her.

Because she was sick, Mo Shengyun’s face was flushed and her eyebrows were knitted. It was obvious that she was uncomfortable.

After a few minutes, Gu Mingye took out the thermometer.

38.5°.

The man heaved a sigh of relief.

He looked at Mo Shengyun’s face and realized that her breathing had calmed down and she had fallen asleep.

He got up quietly and went out to buy some groceries.

As a man who had roughed it out in the army for a long time, Gu Mingye wasn’t a very good cook. His culinary skills were completely lacking.

However, because he grew up in the Mo Family and was influenced by Mo Shengyun, he learned a skill — that was cooking porridge.

Mo Shengyun liked porridge.

He knew a few simple steps. After he had prepared the ingredients, he slowly cooked them with the porridge to bring out the flavor.

There were no fancy tricks to speak of.

However, Mo Shengyun liked his cooking and had always pestered him to cook for her.

As time passed, the man learned to make porridge of various flavors.

The main ingredient of cabbage porridge was cabbage of course.

Cabbage was what they called this vegetable in Tongzhou; in other places it was known as cole flowers.

He cut up the vegetables and minced the lean meat.

He threw the shredded ginger into the cooking porridge. Once the flavor was infused, he added the meat down and finally the cole flowers to adjust the flavor.

Because Mo Shengyun was sick, Gu Mingye was generous with the ginger.

As soon as the porridge was boiled, the heavy fragrance of the ginger became obvious.

The sound of porridge being boiled could be heard from the kitchen. Gu Mingye was preparing the side dishes that he had just bought.

Just as he brought the chopper down, he felt a pair of arms around his waist.

He was startled by her sudden hug.

He turned around. Who else could it be but Mo Shengyun?

Color had returned to her face now, although her lips were still a little pale. She looked especially thin and pitiful.

Gu Mingye softened his voice and said, “Why didn’t I hear you sneaking up?”

Mo Shengyun hugged his waist tightly and said, “I just had a nightmare.”