Chapter 687: Purity and Promiscuity

Mo Shengyun was so frightened that she stopped crying and looked at him with widened eyes.

Noticing this, Gu Mingye calmed down and said, “Stop crying. Let’s go to the hospital.”

“Okay.” Mo Shengyun lowered her head in silence, in a rare display of good behaviour.

Gu Mingye then started the car and headed in the direction of the hospital.

On the other end.

In the old house, the old man had his back to the door. He looked at the calligraphy painting hanging in the middle of the hall and remained silent for a long time.

Mo Shengxing had no idea what the Old Master was thinking and did not dare to speak casually. He just waited quietly.

After a long time, Old Master Mo turned around. He sighed helplessly and remarked, “Forget it. The children will find their own blessings in life. Just let it be.”

Mo Shengxing was surprised and immediately straightened up. “Grandpa, are you… agreeing to their relationship?”

“If I don’t, the next thing, she might be blaming me for a miscarriage!” Old Master Mo humphed and his expression darkened. “I just didn’t expect Ah Ye to be in cahoots with her. I’d like to see what tricks they have up their sleeves next!”

Mo Shengxing looked at him in disbelief. “You too think that they’re lying to you?”

As soon as he said this, he caught Old Master Mo’s glare.

Very quickly, he realized that he had said something wrong and looked away guiltily.

“You knew that they were lying to me, and you went along with them?” Old Master Mo wished he had a walking stick in his hand to give the man a good beating. “You rascal!”

Feeling guilty, Mo Shengxing coughed lightly and said, “No, no, no, I’m just guessing. After all, Ah Ye knows his limits. I just think that he won’t mess around with Shengyun.”

“Hmph.” Old Master Mo turned around and walked up the stairs. As he walked, he said quietly, “I was responsible for Ah Ye’s education. Of course I know better than you what he’s like.”

Mo Shengxing quietly heaved a sigh of relief. He turned around and shut the door before he went upstairs, after the old man.

Old Master Li had already returned to his room. Clearly, he was tired.

He did not speak another word and returned to his room. He was eager to tell Shengyun and Mingye the good news.

However, just as he unlocked his phone, he heard Old Master Mo’s voice. “You too have to know your limits. As an elder brother, you can’t let your sister just do whatever she wants.”

Old Master Mo walked in as he spoke, so that his voice gradually became clearer. “You have to discipline her, not indulge her. Fortunately, it’s Ah Ye. Otherwise, how could other men tolerate someone like her?”

Mo Shengxing nodded in agreement.

Old Master Mo glanced at the phone in Mo Shengxing’s hand. Mo Shengxing was so frightened that he immediately put the phone away and said, “I’m not talking to her anymore.”

Old Master Mo looked at him deeply and said nothing. Then, he turned and left.

After sending Old Master Mo back to Tongzhou, Li Beinian finally took out the schedule that she had postponed for a few days.

Half a month had passed without her realizing it.

During this time, Li Xueqing had been sentenced to ten years in jail for attempted murder, abduction, defamation and other acts. She also had to compensate the victim 200,000 yuan.