'Not in the mood, Sean,' I mumble, sparing not a second glance at him.

'I'm actually serious, man,' he says, pointing to my face.

I give him a quizzical look before realization hits me like a ton of bricks and I start frantically rubbing my right cheek.

'Is it gone?' I ask exasperatedly after moments of vigorous rubbing.

'Nope,' Sean grins, popping the "p" in amusement.

I should've known Mom only wore long-wear, smudge and water proof lipstick. Preferably in the shade of bright red, much to my dismay.

'Here.' Sean licks his thumb and brings it to my cheek, attempting to wipe the stain off just like how my mother would.

'Piss off,' I say irritatedly and smack his hands away.

'Ooh. Feisty aren't we today, Landon? I think you need to get your spare tampons from your locker, if you know what I mean,' Sean quips before bursting out into a fit of laughter.

I ignore his rash comment and stand to leave for the restroom to wash my face. Dismissing several flirtatious stares and promiscuous gestures from random girls, I finally reach the men's room and sigh in relief to be free from the highly desperate female population and my crazy best friend.

I smile in satisfaction as the lipstick fades and my face goes back to its completely pale complexion. As I reach for the paper towel dispenser, I feel fingers brush against mine lightly, causing me to jump in surprise.

'Sorry there, cutie,' a masculine voice apologizes beside me.

I turn to face a boy with gelled back blonde hair, lightly tanned skin and green eyes. His eyelashes are extremely long, as if he had recently applied mascara on them and his dark brown eyebrows have been visibly drawn on.

I laugh and shake my head, ripping a few extra pieces of paper to dry my hands while he just watches me.

'You're really attractive, y'know. Do you think we could get to get to know each other a little, maybe even go out some time-'

'Woah, woah, woah! Stop right there,' I interrupt, taking a few steps back from the confused child.

His artificial eyebrows scrunch together in bewilderment and his head cocks to the side questioningly.

'Wait. You're not...?' He speaks lowly, his eyes showing signs of amazement.

I understand his implied message immediately and shake my head wildly as heat rises to my face.

'No, I'm not!' I clarify louder than I intended.

'Oh. Sorry. I thought you... never mind. Sorry,' He trails off before rushing out of the restroom.

I try to regain my composure as my pride takes a beating. I feel highly offended. A fellow male confuses me of being gay?

I stare in the mirror, looking for any hints of feminism in my appearance but find nothing. I suppose my naturally aligned eyebrows and dark eyelashes are more prominent on women, but I don't groom myself or spend hours "fixing" my hair.

With another shiver and a deep breath, I collect all that's left of my dignity and exit the room only to bump into someone at the door.

'Sorry,' Ashton mumbles, stepping away from the exit to let me pass through.

I give him a polite nod and move towards the door, eager to leave the public facility. I grip onto the handle, about to leave when his British voice fills the room once again.