𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, ma'am." He uttered solemnly.

"Oh get lost!" I spat and stepped out of the car, slamming the door shut with a loud bang. I counted from one to three mentally and took a long deep breath as I made my way to class.

I stepped into the hallway and it resulted in quite the attention. Only God knows what made them so interested in my business. I was seething silently, my hands balled into fists as I increased my pace. I was desperate to get out of there.

"Hey!" A feminine voice screeched behind me. Her voice sounded like a broken record, practically forced and high-pitched.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes and I exhaled afterwards. I spun around and came to face her. I grimaced at the sight of her.

She looked somehow. She reminded me of Barbie, just the dark version of her.

Yeah, that was one word to describe her.

Her uniform was so tight. Her golden-coloured box braids which were left untied, cascaded down her shoulders. She was curvy and her dark skin glowed. What turned me off was the excessive gloss on her lips.

This lip gloss will be enough to fry two sets of plantain.

She was grinning so wide, her brown doe eyes gleamed with what I considered to be...excitement?

"Yes?" I demanded, tilting my head to the side.

"I'm Maureen. You must have heard of me by now. You are Shakira, right?" She asked, still beaming widely. I raised my brow at her statement.

Come o, are you the one on one thousand naira note?

Her smile was so creepy. It made me wonder if she wanted to abduct me for a moment there.

"Yes, what do you want?" I shot back at her rudely. Isn't it obvious that I was in no mood to socialize? If she wasn't so shameless, she could have read the expression on my face before approaching me.

It took a lot of control not to yell in her face.

"Yes. I uhm..." She trailed off. I cut her off sharply before she could say anything else.

"Look, Moi-moi, Mayonnaise or whatever. I'm not interested in whatever it is you have to say. So just buzz off or go do your nails." I told her off and spun on my heels, not waiting to see her reaction. I know I was rude but I had to get her to back off somehow.

I quickened my steps, wanting to get out of there asap!

Suddenly, I felt warm hands slip into mine, and Chizaram's bright face came into view. I don't even know how her name stuck in my brain because I legit freaked out by her presence the other day.

She looked stunning with her hair pulled backwards in a low sleek bun and her edges were perfectly laid. Her fair skin shone like a combo of milk and butter. She rocked her bare face looking like a goddess.

Her eyes twinkled with pure excitement. The warm aura that radiated from her was hard not to notice. She had her glasses perched on her nose, giving her the complete look of a badass nerd.

"Urgh, Maureen Daye. That girl is suffering from a chronic wannabe complex. She just wants to feel important. Ignore her." She gagged, I could hear the disgust in her tone.