Chapter 15 - Draco Says a Slur in the Forbidden Forest

Start from the beginning

"What...IS THAT?!" Malfoy screamed, pointing at something in the dark.

Harry turned to see a dark mass SLURPING the blood out of a unicorn! Not even with a straw! With its mouth!
Malfoy screamed and ran away, totally abandoning Harry, which was NOT COOL, MALFOY! But maybe it was a smart decision, since Harry was the chosen one and Malfoy was just...Malfoy.

Suddenly, the dark and shadowy and creepy and evil mass looked up at Harry and its mouth was dripping with the silver blood. Harry's head felt like it was exploding with how much pain struck him.

"Snape?!" Harry yelled and fell to the ground. The figure started slithering towards him aggressively, and Harry heard what sounded like high heels quickly clacking against the dirt of the clearing. A horrible thought appeared in his head: perhaps he didn't have plot armor afterall.

"NO!" He yelled and pointed his wand at the figure, which was now standing directly over him. An explosion of light shook the trees and the figure fled into the darkness.

Once the dust settled and Harry's pain disappeared he stood up. "Huh, I actually do have plot armor afterall! At least for now... I better get back to Hagrid before that thing comes back and puts it to the test!"

There was a clip-clopping from the distance and suddenly- A CENTAUR!

Right in front of Harry was a half man half horse.

"Hello, Chosen One," the centaur greeted. "I will take you back. Hop on."

Harry was lifted onto the centaur's back, which was weird, but also cool.

"How do you know who I am?" Harry asked, trying not to feel weird about holding onto the man as they galloped through the forest.

"The stars tell me many things, Chosen One. My crystals as well." He craned his neck up at the sky. "The stars tell me that you will go through character development unlike other parallel timelines."

"Er, what?"

"Don't worry too much about it."

The centaur that Harry blindly trusted actually did take him back to his friends, which was good. Seriously though, he needs to learn about stranger danger. The Dursley's never taught it to him because they always hoped he would get kidnapped. Not even secretly either.

Before they reached them though, another centaur skipped and hopped into the forest in front of them.

"What are you doing, Firenze! You have a human riding on top of you! I'll get the exterminators..." The large centaur turned to leave.

"No! I'm escorting the chosen one to safety!" Firenze shouted to stop him

"The chosen-" The centaur sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Firenze, we've talked about this."

"Sagittarius' position told me you would be skeptical, but alas I have no time to argue with you. I have to bring him back to his friends quickly."

"You... talked to the Sagittarius constellation...?"

"Good day." And with that, Firenze took off into the forest. Harry didn't ask him any questions. After a few moments they reunited with Hagrid and the others. Even Mafloy was there.

"Firenze! And you've got 'arry!" Hagrid yelled and scooped up Harry off of the centaur.

"I was just following the crystals," Firenze said.

"Hagrid, there was a guy sucking the blood from a unicorn!" Harry said. "It was definitely Snape, I could tell."

"..." Hagrid stared at him before shaking his head. "DON'T SAY HIS NAME!"

"Wait, it was sucking unicorn blood?" Hermione asked. "Why would it do that?"

"When mars is in retrograde, the blood of the unicorn gains even stronger properties than it usually has," Firenze said somberly. "Unicorn blood is known for granting eternal life. However, there is a price. You will live a cursed life, a half life."

"Like Uranium?" Hermione asked.

"What." Firenze was confused. So was Harry. Was that some kind of spell?

"The only thing that can truly grant eternal life, or as close as you can get at least, is phosphorus. And there is only one known phosphorus rock." Firenze said and then winked at Harry aggressively. Weird?

"We should ead back t' the castle," Hagrid said.

Harry waved goodbye to Firenze, who was smoking something, and they trudged their way out of the forbidden forest. He wondered what the deal was with Snape, who would choose to become cursed just for some fancy unicorn blood. Well, if you seem evil, then you are evil, Harry supposed.