Chapter 12 - Hagrid Says Too Much

Over the next week leading into December, Hermione kept trying to tell Ron and Harry about Snape jinxing his broom but it was just in one ear out the other with the two of them. That is, until this particular breakfast.

"Harry, can I tell you something?" She said, hoping to keep his short attention span for as long as possible.

"Yeah, what's up, Hermione?" Harry said through his toast.

"Snape was trying to kill you during your quidditch game!" She said quickly before he stopped paying attention. He choked on his food.

"Why didn't you say something sooner!" He yelled.

"And someone broke into Gringotts earlier this year! And the three headed dog was guarding a trap door! Something is happening!" She said but Harry had already shifted his focus into talking about Snape and didn't hear the rest.

She shook her head. It was a lost cause.

"Ronald, were you paying attention?" she asked.

"Huh?" the redhead said, looking confused. "I'm not Ron."

"What?"

"I'm not Ron. I have to go. See ya." the mystery redhead left, looking bemused.

Well, how was she supposed to know which Weasley was Ron when all of them are in the Gryffindor house?

"I need to tell someone about this! Every time I look at Snape my scar hurts! I'm gonna tell a trusted adult!" Harry was saying.

"Dumbledore?" Hermione asked.

"McGonagall?" Ron(?) also asked.

"Professor Flitwick? McGonagall? Dumbledore?" Hermione asked again, then said, "You're going to tell one of them, right?"

"Hagrid." Harry said and sprinted from the Great Hall. Hermione rolled her eyes and followed him, along with the actual Ron. Well, she thought it was the actual Ron.

The Chosen One and his friends trudged through the snow to Hagrid's hut and Harry knocked on the door. They heard crashing from inside as Hagrid rushed to open the door in less than 5 seconds while also holding back his barking dog.

"Hi Hagrid," they greeted, and pushed their way into his hut.

"My scar hurts when I see Snape," Harry blurted.

"Also, he was trying to curse Harry during the quidditch match!" Hermione added.

"DON'T SAY HIS NAME- Sorry. Wha- Professor Snape wouldn'ta done somethin' like that!" Hagrid said, placing some cakes down on the table for them.

"But we saw him!" Hermione cried. "He stopped when I set- I mean, when he was set on fire. By someone. Um."

"You must'a seen wrong then."

Harry tried to bite into the cake but found that it was rock solid. What the h*ll.

"Oh yeah, there was a HUGE three headed dog on the third floor!"

"You mean Fluffy- I mean. Wha?" Hagrid looked very suspicious.

Harry raised an eyebrow. "Fluffy? You named the three headed dog that wants to eat children in the mostly unguarded third floor corridor Fluffy?"

"I shouldn't have said that, just forget it! But yeah..." Hagrid sighed.

"And someone broke into Gringotts earlier this year but the vault was already empty!" Hermione yelled, hoping Hagrid would actually listen to her, "Snape must've been trying to steal whatever was in there!"

Hagrid shifted uncomfortably, "Er-"

"Wait, someone broke into Gringotts?!" Harry yelled.

"Why didn't you say something Hermione?!" Ron also yelled and Hermione just facepalmed.

"Wait, Hagrid got something out of a vault for Dumbledore while I was with him. Maybe that's what Snape wanted!" Harry started connecting the dots, which Hagrid didn't seem to like much. Good.

"Remember when Snape was limping? He must have tried to get past the trap door but was bitten by Fluffy!" Hermione said.

"Look! The thing under the trapdoor is between Professor Dumbledore and Hennig Brand! I mean... Uh... Snape isn't bad...?" Hagrid said.

They all stared at Hagrid as he started sweating bullets. They knew the truth now. They had to stop Snape with just the 3 of them, united as 11 year old Gryffindors.

"Thanks for the help, Hagrid!" They called, and left him spluttering in his hut.