Chapter 1 - The Boy Who Was Special

Vernon Dursley was normal, thanks. So normal that it was boring and weird, but don't call him that! One day he saw people dressed in weird clothes and owls were flying around everywhere? "Weird," he thought. "Oh well." He turned to the telly, which had the weather channel reporting a very normal sighting of owls. "Weird," he thought. He was just glad that everything in his life was, and always would be normal ... Until it wasn't... That night a really old man teleported manipulatively into his neighborhood and cut the power on the street, then started talking to a cat which then turned into an old woman. Very weird, Vernon wouldn't like that very much I don't think. Then another guy flew in on a motorcycle? This is getting too weird for me.

"Hello, Dumbledore," that guy said. He was holding a baby. It was special and weird because of a mark on its head, which babies normally don't have.

"Dumbledore, I can't believe you want to leave this special child with a bunch of normal muggles!" The cat woman spoke. "Any magical family would want to take him in."
The wise old man's eyes twinkled for some reason. "How would I manipulate, mansplain, or malewife my way out of this?" he asked.

"What?" The cat lady asked him.

"Never mind. Put that thing on the doorstep, Hagrid." His eyes twinkled again. How does he do that?

"Anyway, let's go and not check on him for like 11 years lol," the old man said.

"OK," both of his companions agreed, then flew away into the night sky.

Oh and that mark was shaped like a lightning bolt on his head, remember that. (wink wink)