Chapter 76

I told Floyd that I would be home later today because I had to attend a business dinner. He had been visiting me every night, and he stayed even longer since that evening when Misha was suddenly standing at that door two days ago. But tonight I had other plans. Misha and I were meeting up with Sergio. And not just for fun, no, we were about to discuss our final plan in depth. But his also felt like my chance to win his trust, which is exactly why I tried my best tonight. I even cooked a nice meal for the man.

"I think I can get used to this view," I heard Misha's voice speak when he entered the kitchen. I grinned, taking the big pan from the stove to take it to the dining table. "I hope you know how to cook as well, Mr. Zaveri. I'm not doing this every day," I teased him a little.

"I do not, actually," he confessed, making me turn around to face him. Misha walked closer, wrapping his arms around my waist. My face must've shown the surprise I felt at his words. "I mean, I can cook a simple meal, but something like this?" he said, after which he shook his head to reveal he really couldn't. It made me again realize that there were still many things I had yet to learn about Misha. This was the first time I ever cooked for him, and Sergio.

But instead of bugging him with this information, I gifted him a smile. "You're never too old to learn, Mr. Zaveri," I told him, grinning a little before I gave him a small kiss on his lips. He mirrored my grin, and nodded. "I want to learn from the master. This really smells amazing," he then told me. Without letting go of me, he looked over my shoulder to check out the food I'd just set on the table. It was my signature pasta arrabbiata, with a salad on the side. It wasn't anything special, but the taste was really good.

"If we'd move to Italy, we can have nice pasta every day," Misha then said, lowering his hand from my waist to my stomach. He'd already told me of Italy as a suggestion for a country, which didn't sound like a bad idea to me. I just hadn't really had the chance to do research on it myself.

"And I heard the educational system there is pretty good too," he spoke, softly letting his fingers glide over my belly. I wasn't showing anything yet, which sometimes made me forget I was pregnant. But the baby was still very much in there. It was the reason we were doing all of this. Soon we were going to be living together, and even raising a child together.

"Italy sounds lovely. Beautiful vineyards, nice countryside.." I said dreamily, as I thought about it a little more. I placed another kiss on his lips. "I have this gut feeling it's going to be a girl," I then spoke, looking down at where his land was still resting. I didn't have a preference, boy or girl, but somehow I just had this feeling that it was going to be a little baby girl.

"You do? I don't know.." he told me, smiling at me. Misha then brought his arms around my neck, pulling me closer to his chest. And as much as I loved our hot moments together, just hugging each other was still the thing that made me feel so loved. It could momentarily make me forget all our troubles.

Like the fact that the bell rang, which told us that Sergio Alvarez had arrived. He was the main issue as of right now. If I couldn't get him to trust me, we would be in big trouble. Misha promised me he would warm up to me, but I wasn't so sure about that just yet. My gaze fell on the big clock on the wall, that told me Sergio was ten minutes early. "I'm never going to get used to him being so early all the time," I slightly grinned, pulling myself away from Misha.

"I think he's just very excited about all this," Misha grinned, after which he walked to the door to pick Sergio up downstairs. In the meantime, I walked to the kitchen to take a pitcher filled with water, and add it to the table. I was nervous. I knew Sergio had no choice but to go with me and Misha. It was either that or ending up in jail, and I was pretty sure he didn't want to end up behind bars. I just wanted Sergio to trust me. He didn't have to like me, as I didn't really like him either. But it would be the best thing if we could just get along together.