Chapter 67

"You know, I haven't even seen half of your apartment yet," I suggestively grinned at Misha, setting my half-full glass of water back on the large, wooden table. We'd just finished eating our delivered Japanese ramen. After we spoke about our plan to escape, Misha called the guy who would help us get new identities. He was already able to meet up with him tomorrow morning, which was very fortunate. We needed to act as fast as possible now.

"I thought you just came here to discuss our plan, miss Katava," Misha answered, grinning even wider than me. "A house tour is certainly not part of that," he then said lightly, as I rested my chin on the back of my hand, still looking at him. It was crazy to think that only weeks from now it would be just the two of us. We barely even knew each other, and the number of times we have had actual quality time together could be counted on two hands. And yet I was willing to give up my whole life just to save this man. And I started to realize that contrary to Misha, I did have a choice. I could go back to Seattle and pretend that nothing had happened between us. I could live my life the way I've always done plus a child, and never hear from Misha Zaveri again.

That would be the easy way out. But I didn't want that for myself, and definitely not for our baby. I wanted to be with Misha. I wanted to see him look at me the way he did now, and I wanted to feel his body next to mine when I fell asleep every night. I was addicted to this man, and I doubted that I could ever go without him around me anymore.

"Ah, that is too bad," I softly sighed, playing along in this little game we were playing. I was very glad things between us were still good. I could tell he was still confused and hurt by the things I'd done, but he did a great job of accepting my apology and being there for me. If he hadn't been like that, I would be in some serious trouble right now. It was the utmost important rule as an agent to never ever reveal your true identity. My dad taught me this first thing when he started noticing my interest in this field of work.

I moved my hand across the table, taking his in mine while keeping our gazes locked. I was hungry for Misha. It had been way too long since we'd had a moment together, and being alone in his super beautiful apartment gave me all different types of feelings. "Because I'm getting really curious now. Seeing the great view from here..." I started speaking, for a moment averting my gaze to the large windows that gave us the most amazing view of New York City. "... makes me wonder how good it would look from your bedroom.." I then said, letting my fingertips glide over his lower arm, tracing the ink of a small tattoo he had there.

And then I pulled back my hand, before standing up from my seat. I scanned the room in a very deliberate way, and then looked back at Misha, who was still sitting at the table. "But since there's no house tour included, I will figure out where it is on my own," I then playfully winked at him, after which I started walking to the exit of the living room, leading to a small hallway. But before I could even reach that place, Misha grabbed me by my arm, and with a swift movement he turned me around to face him. My heart was pounding in my chest as I looked up at him, our bodies dangerously close since he had closed almost all the distance between us.

"Who says you have my permission to do so?" he asked me, with his voice sounding so raspy it should be illegal. It sent shivers down my spine. I wanted him. I wanted him so bad. He walked another two steps, forcing me to walk with him until my back touched the wall. Grabbing the back of my leg, he pulled it higher so my knee was bent at the height of his hips, making him stand even closer between my legs.

I could tell Misha was still trying to play this little game of who had the power. It was a game we loved playing. And as he brought his face closer, I closed my eyes, ready to welcome his lips on mine. But he didn't kiss me. Instead, he made a trail of small kisses starting at my jaw and slowly making his way down my neck. While he did this, I grabbed a fistful of his shirt, bringing him closer to me. I wasn't so patient right now, and I didn't want to play any more games. I wanted him to kiss me, and touch me the way only Misha Zaveri could. We'd been through too much trouble not being able to give in.