Chapter 66

- I'm here, I texted Misha as I stood in front of the stunning skyscraper where his penthouse was situated. I'd been here once before when I dropped him off home after the staff party, drunk, but I'd never actually been inside. He lived here with his fiancé, so of course I hadn't. But since Maddison was out of town to visit her parents in Long Island for the weekend, it had seemed as the best option to talk some things through together. Floyd had already unexpectedly dropped by my apartment once since the whole ordeal, and the office also didn't seem like the safest place right now.

When I told Misha about everything a few days ago, we talked a little more about the pregnancy but decided to leave our conversation at that for the day. It had already been tough enough, and I still needed to think things through. And so did he. I hadn't been to the office since, and I was thankful for the time Misha had given me to figure things out for myself. He really trusted me, and I was thankful for that, too. Especially after everything I told him, and everything I had put him through.

And I did think. A lot. But every conclusion I'd make came down to the same thing; I was willing to risk everything just to be able to have a future with Misha, and our baby. Saying that still didn't feel real. How? I had ideas, but I hadn't quite figured them out yet. But now that I did make this decision and Misha finally knew about everything, it was as if the world was no longer on my shoulders. I felt relieved.

And needless to say, I still was scared. I had only known Misha for a few months, and everything we'd shared was based on being his secret love affair. Apart from spending time at the office together, we didn't spend much time alone, at all, and I hadn't even been to his apartment yet. But I knew that my feelings didn't lie. In just these few months he made me see and feel things I'd never thought I was capable of, and now he was going to be the father of my child. A child I didn't even know I wanted to keep a few days ago, but I was now willing to sacrifice it all for. Misha and I both came from broken families, and we sure as hell weren't ready to be parents. But I didn't want the same for our baby. He or she deserved both parents to be around, and I wanted to fight for that.

A few minutes later, Misha showed up in the lobby of the building, to then walk up to me, and greet me in a very businesslike manner. "Miss Fisher," he said, as I greeted him with a small smile. "Mr. Zaveri. Nice to see you," I answered, after which we made our way toward the elevator together. People around here knew him and his fiancé, so when we agreed to meet here, it was under the condition to make it look like some sort of business meeting. Not a completely foolproof plan, but it was the best we could do right now.

Even this elevator looked luxurious. Misha held some sort of key card against a digital control panel since the floor of his penthouse was private, after which the doors closed behind us. He turned to face me as soon as the elevator started moving. "How are you feeling," he softly said, while he stroked my cheek with his hand. I looked up at him and smiled as his touch immediately made me feel better. "I'm okay," I told him. And I kinda was. I was tired, but thanks to all the supplements I didn't feel as sick anymore.

"How are you feeling?" I then asked him carefully. This must've been hard on him too since he was about to lose everything he ever worked for. He softly smiled at me, but I could also see some kind of pain in his eyes, which he couldn't hide so well this time. "What can I say," he said, after letting a small sigh fall from his lips. And he didn't even need to say more. I understood.

I took a step closer to him to then wrap my arms around his waist, and for a moment we just stood there in silence. We just held each other, and it was all I needed right now. But after a short while, the elevator finally reached the top floor, and we had to let go of each other again. The doors opened to reveal a big, beautifully designed hallway leading up to his apartment. And without saying another word, we made our way to the large front door, which he opened before he gestured for me to walk in.