Chapter 47

"Your coffee and your lunch, Mr. Zaveri," I said as I put down the coffee mug on Misha's desk, together with a bag filled with some sandwiches. He looked up as he gave me a smile, and then averted his gaze to the stuff I'd gotten for him. And because I still had loads of work to do, I decided to turn around on my heels to walk to my desk again.

The trip to Berlin also had its downsides, as there were now piles of work waiting for me. And that on top of the reports I still had to write to update Floyd and the rest of my team, made me a little stressed. I knew that my work at MZ Global was only temporary and that I would be leaving in a while. But somehow, I felt the urge to do good, and to impress Misha.

And it wasn't just the Berlin interruption leaving me with a heavy workload. It was like I couldn't even function properly anymore ever since we got back from that trip. Before, Misha barely spent time in the office. But today he hadn't left his office even once. It really got me way too distracted. And I couldn't stop thinking about the little encounter with Ralph this morning. It was almost like Misha was getting a little possessive over me, and I loved it more than I should.

"You should stop wearing these types of dresses to work. It's distracting," he suddenly told me, and even though I wasn't facing him, I could tell he had a grin on his face. I turned around again, and saw indeed that he was looking at me with amusement visible in his eyes. Amusement and hunger, as he was scanning my body from head to toe. It gave me a wicked sense of satisfaction. Because I wanted the exact same from him, but we had to keep it on the low. And maybe I'd chosen this grey set on purpose to tease him just a little. While it wasn't too inappropriate, it was a little shorter than I would usually wear to work and it showed some skin around my waist between the blazer and the matching skirt. Why did I like provoking people as much as I did? Or actually, why did I like provoking Misha as much as I did? It had already gotten me into many difficult situations.

"It's not a dress, Mr. Zaveri," I said, teasing him. "And at least it isn't too bright either," I added, grinning before I turned around again. And I could just hear him taking a deep breath to pull himself together. It was something I had to do at least ten times a day as well since we got back from Berlin. I was dying to be able to kiss and touch him again since that night on our trip.

The moment I sat down at my own desk again, I heard footsteps coming from the other side of the office, and I felt my heart flutter a little. I looked up, expecting Misha to walk towards me, but instead of doing just that, he closed the sliding doors. My brows drew into a frown. What was that about? Was he going to get all mysterious again? I hated how I immediately got nervous. My feelings for this man were really going to get the best of me. But just before the doors were completely shut, his eyes fell on me. "Online meeting with the German guys. Don't want to distract you," he said when he saw the confusion in my eyes. Ah. I should stop assuming the worst all the time. Or I should stop sleeping and flirting with an engaged man I was going to put in jail.

"Sounds thrilling. Good luck," I said with a playful undertone in my voice as I brought my focus back to my own work again, which was getting more difficult every second that passed having to share an office with Misha and not being able to do anything. But I did it anyways, answering an email about a complaint I'd been putting off for the last hour. But immediately after sending the elaborate response, my eyes were literally pulled toward Misha again. It was like a magnetic force that made sure I kept my gaze on him at all times.

But it seemed this was a problem only I was facing, since Misha was very concentratedly listening and nodding to his screen. Or was he pretending? I couldn't be the only one longing for a kiss or more. And I wanted to be sure it wasn't just me. So I shifted on my chair a little, feeling my skirt crawling up my thighs a bit. From his desk, Misha should be able to see this side of my body as this was the way the desk was situated. But I didn't actually know if he was watching me, since I didn't want to give him the pleasure of finding out I was looking at him. Instead, I folded my legs over each other, exposing more bare skin.