Chapter 3

Mirabel looked at her family with sad eyes. (Y/N) put her hand on her shoulder.

 "Don't be upset or mad at all.." Mirabel began to sing.

 "Don't feel regret or sad at all...Hey! I'm still apart of the Family Madrigal! And I'm fine...I'm totally fine.." she began to walk forward, (y/n) watching her sadly. 

 "I will stand on the side as you shine...I'm not fine...I'm not fine!"

 She moved behind Luisa and Isabella. "I can't move the mountains. I can't make the flowers bloom. I can't take another night up in my room waiting on a miracle!" 

 She looked at her mom and her aunt. "I can't heal what's broken...Can't control the morning rain or a hurricane! Can't keep down the unspoken invisible pain!" she backed away from her family and looked down at the floor. (y/n) frowned at her, wishing she could help her somehow.

 "Always waiting on a miracle, a miracle!" Mirabel exited the room, (y/n) behind her. 

 "Always walking alone.." (y/n) sang softly.

 "Always wanting for more! Like I'm still at that door longing to shine like all of you shine!" Mirabel looked up at Abuela Alma's door.

 "All I need is a change....All I need is a chance..All I know is I can't stay on the side! Open your eyes! Open your eyes! Open your eyes!" Mirabel stood in front of Abuela Alma before running off.

 "I would move the mountains! Make new trees and flowers grow! Someone please just let me know where do I go? I'm waiting on a miracle!" 

 "A miracle!" (y/n) sang as she followed after Mirabel.

 "I would heal what's broken!"

 "You couldn't heal a broken heart...." (y/n) thought with a sigh.

 "Show this family something new!" Mirabel stood surrounded by her family. (y/n) stood behind Julietta and Augustine.

 "Who I am inside! So what can I do? I'm sick of waiting on a miracle! So here I go!" Mirabel ran up the stairs. (y/n) stood where she was, watching Mirabel.

 "I am ready! Come on I'm ready! I've been patient and steadfast and steady! Bless me now as you blessed us all those years ago when you gave us a miracle!.....Am I too late for a miracle...?" Mirabel stood sadly in the center of Casita. (y/n) walked over to her and hugged her. All of a sudden, the house began to shake. A tile from the roof fell on the floor. Mirabel picked it up, but dropped it when she cut her hand. "Casita..?" (y/n) said in a nervous voice. The doors began to fade. Cracks appeared in the floor and walls. The two watched in horror as the candle almost went out. "We have to tell your family." (y/n) declared firmly. Mirabel nodded and the two ran to Antonio's room. "The house is in danger!" Mirabel exclaimed, opening the door to his room. "There were cracks and the candle almost went out." (y/n) explained. "Show me." Abuela Alma declared in a firm voice. However, when they exited the room, the house was perfectly fine. There were no cracks or anything. "That's impossible!" (y/n) exclaimed, her eyes wide. "They were there!" Mirabel insisted. "Enough." Abuela Alma said firmly and turned to the people. "The magic is strong! And so are the drinks!" Abuela Alma lead the people inside Antonio's room to continue with the celebration. "I'm telling the truth.." Mirabel said quietly. "Don't worry...I believe you.." (y/n) told her. She gave her a small smile. Julietta approached her daughter and the two went into the kitchen. (y/n), meanwhile, was about to follow when she suddenly got that feeling again. "What is going on..?" she asked herself, walking over to the wall. She put her hand on the wall and tapped. She waited but nothing happened. She tapped again. Then, she heard an answer. 

 Tap, Tap, Tap!

(y/n) smiled and tapped again. She again received an answer. Then, she got an idea. "Who are you?" she asked the mysterious tapper. There was no answer. "Please, it's ok. I won't hurt you." she said. Still, no answer. She tapped the wall, hoping for an answer. But there was none. She sighed and walked away.

 That night, (y/n) lay awake thinking about the mysterious tapper. Who was it? Were they the one watching her? Why were they watching her? She sighed and rolled over on her side. A tear came to her eye as she looked up at a picture of Bruno. "I just can't believe your gone, Bruno. I don't know why you left without a goodbye all those years ago, but I refuse to believe your dead." she said. "It hurts, Bruno...I miss you so much...I need you..." the girl sighed heavily and closed her eyes.