Chapter 1

*I imagine this light pink, but you can picture it any color you want.*

 (Y/N) sighed as she stood in front of her mirror looking at a picture of her late mother. "Hey mom...I am doing ok. The business is kinda slow....I'm still missing Bruno. It isn't like him to just disappear without a goodbye, but I can't believe he's dead. It hurts that no one even talks about him anymore. It's like...I'm the only one who even remembers he still exists..." (y/n) was talking to her mother, though she'd been dead for a few years now. (y/n) was an orphan now. Her father died when she was twelve. She was best friends with Bruno Madrigal and was hurt deeply that he just left without saying goodbye. She sighed and put her favorite hairclip in her hair. Tears formed in her (e/c) eyes as she looked at it. She glanced over at a picture of a teenage Bruno. "I miss you so much, Bruno...Why? Why did you leave me? You could have said goodbye...No one ever talks about you...It's like you never existed...You weren't even there when mom died..." her voice cracked. She was trying not to cry. (Y/N) hadn't cried since her mother's passing. She shook her head and left the house. When she got to town, she could see three kids asking Mirabel, who was inside Casita at the table, about the Madrigals. She smiled and shook her head. They asked what her gift was. It pained her to think about that day. Because that was the last time she ever saw Bruno. "Casita, help me out! Drawers!" Mirabel exclaimed, as (y/n) saw Casita open it's drawers. "Floors!" Casita moved it's floors. "Doors!" the magic doors to the Madrigals' rooms glowed brightly. "Let's go!" 

 "This is our home! We've got every generation!" Mirabel knocked on the doors.

 "So full of music! The rhythm of it's own design!" she opened her sister's door. 

 "This is my family! A perfect constellation! So many stars and everyone gets to shine!" Mirabel ran past her other sister, Luisa, who was using the floor like a treadmill and holding weights in both hands. 

 Mirabel slid past her Abuela Alma's room. "Whoa! Let's be clear, Abuela runs this show!"

 (Y/N) shook her head and sighed. "She may run the show, but I think she holds on too tight. She's hurting the family..." 

 Abuela Alma walked out of her room, a slight smile on her face.

 "Whoa! She led us here so many years ago!" All the Madrigals came out of their rooms and spun around.

 "Whoa! And every year our family blessings grow! It's just a lot, you simply got to know, so!" Mirabel opened the door and walked out with her family right behind her.

 "Welcome to the Family Madrigal! The home of the Family Madrigal! We're on our way!" Mirabel spins and runs off, waving to Casita. Her family walked away, seeming not to notice her singing at all.

 "Where all the people are fantastical and magical! I'm part of the Family Madrigal!"

 The family walked by the kids as they exclaim, "Oh my gosh it's them! What are their gifts?" They ran off and walked beside Mirabel. "I can't remember all the gifts!" one little girl with blond hair said. "I don't know who's who!" the other little girl with dark hair and dark skin said. "Alright, alright, relax." Mirabel laughed. (Y/N) chuckled. "It is physically impossible for them to relax, Mirabel." she remarked. "Tell us everything! What are your powers?" the little blond girl begged. "Just tell us what everyone can do!" a little boy with dark hair who held a coffee cup in his hands demanded. Mirabel stared at him and took the cup away. "And that's why coffee is for grownups." she stated. (y/n) was trying to stifle a laugh.

 Mirabel leaped in front of a wall that had the Family Madrigal painted on it. She pointed to a woman with red hair and an orangish yellow dress. "My Tia Pepa, her mood affects the weather!" Pepa danced around a field, before disappearing around a corner. She came back stomping, a cloud thundering above her head.