I'll Protect You

1O:OOpm

Kel set up a bed on the couch for Sunny to sleep on and ensured it was comfortable.

"Alright, it's done! I hope you'll be very comfortable-" Kel couldn't finish his words because he felt cold and small arms wrapped around Kel. Kel looked down and saw the black-haired boy hugging him.

"T-Thank you, Kel..."

Kel blushed and rubbed his neck all flustered

"Ah...well, you don't need to thank me! I know we've been through a lot now. I want you to be comfortable with everything!"

Kel hugged Sunny back then Sunny broke the hug

"Also...when I say comfortable ...I mean...." Kel whispered to Sunny with a smile. Sunny was confused so he tilted his head. 

"GET COMFORTABLE ON THE BEST COUCH BED EVER!!!"

Kel cheered and lifted Sunny then plopped him on the so-called "couch bed"

Kel wrapped Sunny with a blanket and giggled 

"Now that's what I call a burrito blanket!"

Sunny smiled softly and tries to hold his laugh

"Come on! You know you wanna laugh!" Kel teased Sunny. Sunny let out a small laugh and Kel laughed with him. 

Sunny stopped laughing and switched to a worried face

"K-Kel...Does H-Hero know I'm staying over?..." Sunny said while he tugged the blankets around him with fear. Kel stopped smiling "W-Well...no he doesn't but I'm sure he will be fine with it!" Kel said with joy because Hero respects Sunny the same way he always had.

But it's gonna be different

"O-Oh..." Sunny's head looked down with thoughts zooming around his head. 

Kel knew Sunny was worried 

"Hey...don't worry me and Hero had a talk and Hero said it's a start with you two."

Sunny nodded

"That is true, Kel," said Hero leaning on the wall

Kel jumped because he didn't notice Hero there. "AH- Oh hi Hero!!" Kel said, "I-I hope you don't mind Sunny staying over..."

Hero smiled warmly 

"I don't mind, Kel. Sunny has been through a lot..."

Kel smiled with relief 

Hero smirked at Kel

"Now I'll give you alone time looks like you two are doing something"

Kel's jaw dropped with embarrassment 

"HERO!"

Sunny was oblivious so he didn't know what Hero meant.

Hero waved bye so he could go back to bed.

"Alright, Sunny! You have a whole night ahead of you and it's getting late now so we should go to bed!"

"Ok..." Sunny muttered

Kel stretched his arms and yawned with tiredness. Kel left Sunny alone in the living room to sleep. He flicked off the lights and said "Goodnight, Sunny!" and closed his bedroom door. Sunny got comfortable and turned over causing him to look at the ceiling. Sunny felt less afraid and he sighed. 

Sunny closed his eyes peacefully and then

He had another nightmare.

He was in his own backyard and Basil was there

Sunny was stressed out

He looked around in the backyard 

The sky was dark and gloomy 

Then...

He saw Mari

Hanging on to the tree. The thought of what he did to Mari was making him feel dizzy. He felt something cold touch his shoulders and whisper behind his ear.

"You did this"

"It's all your fault"

"It should have been you"

The whispers scared Sunny and Sunny turned around and he saw Basil looking all corrupted and it was not the Basil he knew

Sunny wakes up

12:25 pm

He found himself crying...again

He didn't want to go to sleep again 

Sunny hopped off the couch and looked for Kel's room. Sunny found Kel's door and he creaked it open quietly. Sunny mumbled quietly "Kel?..." Sunny tapped Kel's shoulder. Kel felt the chill of cold fingers touching him so he woke up. "Eh..? Sunny? W-What is it...it's midnight." Kel said all droopy-eyed. "I-I had a nightmare...again." Sunny whispered. Kel sat up fully awake feeling worried for Sunny. Kel saw the leftover tears on Sunny's face and hugged him.

"It's okay...I'm here."

Sunny squeezed Kel tight

"Hey...how about you can sleep here with me...I-If your okay with it!" Kel blushed while saying the stupidest thing he said. Sunny's eyes wide open and climbed onto Kel's bed. 

"S-Sorry for bothering you..." Sunny said

"Hey! What did we say about the "S" word?" Kel whispered with a grin.

"I don't know what to say next now..." Sunny smiled faintly 

Kel grinned and he was about to say something but he felt something soft on his shoulder. Kel looked down and Sunny was already fast asleep. Kel looked at Sunny with awe and he and Sunny laid down and went to bed. 

Kel embraced Sunny with his arms and whispered 

"I'll protect you"

🏀☀️>>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FINALLY I FINISHED WITH THIS CHAPTER!!

TYSM FOR READING!!!<<☀️🏀