Chapter 1 - Mistakes

Shane's pov:
"Shane.. Really.. It's fine.." Said Lisa. "You don't have to drive me home I can walk.." She said, and let out a small smile. "Are you sure?.." I said as I grabbed my keys. "It's really no big deal for me to drive you. What if you get KIDNAPPED!?!?" It was almost midnight, December 12, 2011. Lisa and I weren't exactly "dating", but I sure as hell liked her and I'm pretty sure she liked me back.. "I won't get kidnapped, Shane. Promise." She laughed as she walked out the door. "Okay haha don't talk to strangers!!". I heard the door slam. Gone. That was my chance. And I missed it. I could've grabbed her. And kissed her. But I didn't. And she'll never want to see me again. FUCK.

Lisa's pov:
I can't believe I just did that. I just walked out the door like that. I should've let him drive me home. I should've got in his car and let him drive me. Maybe that's when he was planning to make his move. We'd get to my apartment and he'd say, "I had the best time tonight Lisa.." And he'd lean in. And he'd kiss me. I bet he's a great kisser. God dammit Lisa. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I couldn't take the uncertainty of not knowing if he'd ever want to see me again after tonight. I mean. I should've made a move. I should've told him how I felt. I just couldn't take it. I turned around, and knocked on his door. He answered.
"Hey.. Uh. You're back!"
"Uh. Yeah um. I just. Uh. Thought maybe. Um."
"Would you like me to drive you home, Lisa?"
"Yes please." I smiled like an idiot. I couldn't hold it back.

We walked out the door and went to the car. I walked to the passengers side but Shane called out "Lisa wait!!!" And I before I knew it he was already right in front of me, opening the car door. I walked in, as he shut the door behind me, walked to the other side of the car and got in. He put the keys in the ignition, and drove me home. We didn't say a word the whole time. I would've much rather walked.