Never Forgive Or Forget

"What a dear and loving family who has been put through so much! Imagine their grief!" The reporter said with a pearly smile. "But dear watchers, try to hold back your tears because the family doesn't want to be sad and they don't want you to be sad either!"

I roll my eyes as I pull my suit on.

"Join your favorite family at the theater today for Conner Silver's movie deput!" The reporter went on.

I slid a knife into my sleeve and looked in the mirror. I'm wearing the white and black suit Tusken had made for me.

"I'm honored my fans could join me today at this wonderful occasion!" Conner's voice said as he grinned at the camera.

My eyes flicked over to the screen as Conner flicked his hair to the side. Whne the camera turned down to Rose, the new little girl they adopted, I felt my jaw clench. I look away and back at the mirror, tying my tie.

"Come on Rose, say something to the camera!" Conner prodded as they shoved the camera in her face.

The girl was young and her parents just died. The fact that they kept pushing her to talk to the camera made my blood sizzle.

I close my eyes and relax my face, exhaling slowly before opening my eyes again.

Rose didn't answer even though she opened and closed her mouth a few times. I tilt my head and stare at the screen as the camera pulls away and Conner nervously chuckles a little.

"She's just shy is all." Conner said with an easy smile.

They went on to ask him other questions about the movie but my attention was turned.

I walk to the TV and use the remote to click out of the news and into my video files.

Did Rose ever talk to the camera?

My mind shuffled through memories of videos I've watched ever since they had adopted Rose but I just can't seem to remember if she ever talked to the camera. As I sifted through my files upon files of videos and pictures I notice tow things. Rose is always wearing a scarf and she's never seen talking on camera. The Silvers don't talk to her and she doesn't talk to them. She was like a trophy they carried around.

I squint at a picture of her with a red scarf around her neck.

Did she ever take the dang thing off?

My eyes widen as it clicks in my head.

Rose couldn't talk.

~~~~

My phone rings and I pull it out of my pocket and put it to my ear.

"I got the medical files you asked for." Belle's voice says as soon as I answer. "It looks like Rose had to be rushed into immediate surgery after the car crash. Her Larynx was crushed and the trachea sustained major injury."

I look at the back of my driver's head and glance out the window. So, my suspicions were true. And even worse, the Silver's were making her hide it.

"Boss?" Belle asked.

"That's all, thank you." I say quickly. "Is there anything you need?"

"A thank you maybe?" She scoffed. "I had to wake Puck up in the middle of the night to look for this stuff which was no easy task."

My eyes soften. I forgot about that. People sleep.

"Thank you." I say.