Welcomes And After Thoughts

"Welcome to your new house" Flick said after he gave me the grand tour of the Spade Mansion. I had been driven in a shiny car across town and to an area I didn't know existed. Fredrick had left quickly and instructed Flick to take care of me so he decided to show me around. There were so many rooms but I managed to actually remember my way. Flick stopped in front of a door and pushed it open. "This is your room"

I step inside and look around. There was a huge bed that looked like it was floating off the ground, a desk that wrapped along an entire wall with the rest of that wall devoted to computers, there were bookcases in another sitting room corner of the bedroom, wrapping staircase to a loft that had more bookshelves and a room that looked like it led to a safe room, and on the walls were weapons and guns of every kind. Of course there were huge windows that had blinds that could come down automatically. There was also a door that led to the balcony that overlooked the peaceful flower garden.

I stare, trying to take it all in before Flick nods "Right, you are the heir to the Spade name so your room is second best to Fredrick and Megra's."

"Megra?" I ask.

"Yeah, she's Fredrick's wife but to everyone outside of us she's know as Queen Spade. You'll meet her at dinner don't worry"

Flick walked into the room and clicked a button on the wall near the sitting area that revealed a drinking bar and fridge, but instead of alcohol there was fountain drinks, tea, juice, and others i didn't recognize. He took a package of crackers from the mini pantry display and gestured towards the book cases.

"You'll need to read every book on those shelves and memorize most everything in them." He said as he chewed.

I walk over to the book case and took a book out then flipped through it. "What are they about?" I ask.

He shrugged "From what I know, it's history among the mafias that are still around. I believe there are also strategy books, how to kill 101, fighting, and other types of things the heir would need to know." He grinned at me "Good luck"

I frown and put the book back then turn to him as he walks away to another wall that had cases of small weapons, watches, and other things. He clicked a button and the shelf slide into the wall, revealing an empty walk in closet.

"You have your closet that needs to be filled with clothing. You will have a tailor sent up to measure you and get you the correct attire."

"Whats wrong with what I'm wearing now?"

I half joke but he still turns and gives me a quick scan before saying "Eh, maybe"

"I was being sarcastic" I say.

He exhales and says "Oh good, otherwise that would have been weird." he walks over to me and says "Oh! You're also going to meet your main trainer at dinner and he's going to run you through exactly what you need to accomplish before you inherit all of this. So, any questions?"

I look around. I had millions of questions but then again, none of them seemed necessary.

"No." I reply.

Flick nods then pauses "Also, uh," He clears his throat and scratches his head awkwardly. "I know how weird this can be, being in a whole new place and suddenly you have all this responsibility"

He must be reading me wrong because I'm not overwhelmed. I want to do this. I wnat to have some sort of purpose on my life and if that's being a mafia leader than so be it!

"But if you ever need someone to talk to then I'm always here for you" Flick says before putting a hand on my shoulder.

The touch felt so weird. I understand it's a warm gesture but I've never had this type of physical touch so this is honestly awkward.