But she clenched her teeth and held his cloak tightly, shouting and then shoving him into the ground so ruthlessly.

Lukius gasped in pain when he felt the air get knocked out of him. His lack of concentration removed the weight from her body.

The determination. The will to survive. The greed to win. He could see it all swirling in her dark brown eyes. There was the intent to do serious harm in them as well if he continued to fight. She created ice knuckles around her free hand and looked down at him almost psychotically. She was going to jam it in his face until he passed out.

As a desperate attempt to free himself, Lukius grabbed the wrist of the hand holding him and proceeded to unleash an unmerciful attack just as her fist collided with his face. Her left arm felt like it was getting teared apart with the flickers of black whipping around and slashing her arm. Her sleeve was getting shredded up to her shoulder, her t-shirt's sleeve was also shredded. It was already painful enough since it was the same arm she used to shield herself. Much like her, Lukius was persistent on winning, and now her pain receptors were screaming at her to pull away.

"Oww!" Karissa reeled away; her arm bloody in pain, hissing. Lukius pulled his knee up and aimed a kick at her with the same sparks around it. She rolled over, dodging his magic and forced herself up on her feet, holding her arm, while he was making a move to get up. She spun around while he sat up and aimed the back of her foot into his jaw. He fell on his side from the impact, lessening the penitence once more.

...

...

...

Yeah. There was still that issue of his magic being so alike to Hystoran's. Just what kind of magic was that? If she had the chance, maybe she could ask Lukius what it is? After all, it didn't look like they were enemies right now. And if she rememebered correctly, Lukius' reason for fighting was for Meldy. The pink haired mage looked just fine.

"Jellal escaped prison?!" Lucy took a step back, shocked.

"Those two... are from Grimoire Heart." Natsu remembered.

Gray was quick to stop them. "Hey, hold on. They're not our enemies now." He looked to Ultear for confirmation. The last time they met, they were on better terms compared to when they fought.

"We aren't. No matter what I do, the crimes I committed in my youth cannot be paid for, even in a lifetime of atonement. Yet... at the very least, my wish is to save some of the people whose lives my actions warped. At least, that is my intention." Ultear shifted her gaze to Karissa. "Your brother was the first one I 'saved' after going back to very beginning of all my actions. Although, I haven't done anything to him... I figured doing some good wouldn't hurt."

And her family was grateful to know some of the truth of their past.

"But take Jellal, for example."

"Don't worry about me. Both you and I were possessed by the darkness. That is in the past." Jellal was quick to dismiss Ultear before revealing that his memories of his past returned to him during his time in prison, a year after Tenrou Island vanished off the map.

Ultear revealed that she was actually the mastermind behind Jellal's actions in the Tower of Heaven. For the crimes he committed there, Jellal accepted the punishment bestowed upon him when he remembered it all. That is until, he was broken out of jail. With everyone sharing sin in common, they devoted themselves into forming a guild, an independent one, neither light or dark, which sole purpose was to root out Zeref, all dark guilds, anything that would turn to the darkness, to prevent another misfortune that they went through. A world with no wizard drenched in darkness.