"I understand," She said, smiling softly, "I fell in love with Garren right before he-"

She sniffled, tears pooling in her eyes again. I gripped her hand, comforting her as she worked through her emotions. Esmae wiped at her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Are you unhappy with him?" I asked hesitantly. Garren had seemed like a nice male, but people are not always how they appear.

"So happy," She sniffled, blinking away the tears, "He is an amazing mate. All I want right now is to curl up with him and have him hold me."

"Then why aren't you doing that?" I squeezed her hand, "If you want to be with him so badly then why are you here?"

"I can't stand to see him," She confessed, gripping my hand tighter, "We've been trying for a baby for a few years now. I've gotten pregnant three times and every time I lost the baby."

"I'm so sorry," I breathed, wrapping her up in a tight hug.

"He has been great about it, but-" She took a deep breath, "I can't handle the sadness I see in his eyes. He used to be so bright, but now it's like he is carrying a weight on his shoulders. I just want him to be happy again and I don't think that will happen if I'm still around."

I hugged her tighter at the implications of her words, "I don't think he will be happy without you. When we first met he was telling me how excited he was to see you again. I'm sure he just wants to be with you."

"It just hurts so much," Esmae whimpered, "I just want the hurt to stop. It only gets worse when I'm around him. That's why Az is having me stay here for a while. I need some space from him."

"Everything will be okay," I rubbed her arms, "We will have some good food tonight and we don't need to see him or talk about him at all."

"Thank you," She said, leaning into me, "I really needed someone to talk to today."

"Of course," I replied, "If you ever need anything you can always come to me. I definitely need some friends here too."

"Aslin," The door opened, and my male was standing there with his typical frown, "We are going to be having dinner with my soldiers tonight. You didn't get much of a chance to meet them all yesterday. Why don't you take Esmae to go get ready with you?"

"That sounds nice," I smiled, looking over at my new friend. "Will you come with me tonight? It'd be nice to have another female there in a sea of testosterone."

"Will Garren be there?" She asked nervously.

"No," Azrael replied, "I already informed the others to tell him he wasn't allowed to come tonight."

"Thank you," Esmae smiled, wringing her hands together.

"Come on," I stood, motioning for her to follow, "Az has a room full of dresses we can try on."

"Actually," Az cut in, "She should know where it is. I need to have a word with Aslin before we go to dinner."

"Of course." Esmae said, smirking at me, "I'll meet you over there."

She left the room, shutting it with a soft click. I turned to my mate, waiting for him to speak. Azrael stood there, his frown growing deeper as he watched me fidget.

"Is everything alright?" I asked, shifting my feet.

"Come here," He growled, silver eyes turning molten as he watched me.

"Did I upset you?" I asked, my feet rooted to the floor.

"Aslin," He growled, his rough voice caressing my skin like a soft touch, "I need you right now."
"What's wrong?" I asked, stepping towards him until I was standing right in front of him. Twisting my hands together.