The Sun Vanished (redone)

Comenzar desde el principio

"People got shot. And it was dark and there are people outside with strobe lights, and they've taken people with them and- I didn't know if you were okay-"

Janis' grip around Cady tightened, in a desperate attempt to soothe her distressed girlfriend. "It's okay... I'm here... It's going to be okay, Caddie." Janis had so many questions.

What's going on? Who got shot? Why do people blind others with fucking strobe lights? And how could the sun just... vanish? As if it had never existed.

"Do you have any idea how this happened?"

"No. The last thing I saw on the news was the shooting."

Cady slowly pulled away, wiping her tears before looking back at Janis again, grinning.

"After that I was too busy worrying if my little Dumbo is still alive."

Cady chuckled as Janis threw her head back and groaned loudly. "Out of all the nicknames why Dumbo" she whined, as she pulled Cady a little closer again. She was glad that she was smiling again. Her grip around her waist tightened a little as Cady stood on her tiptoes, pressing a soft, gentle but short kiss on her lips before whispering into her ear.

"As far as I know Dumbo enjoys eating Peanuts." Janis froze at the statement, her mouth hanging slightly open as Cady pulled away, a smirk forming on her face.

"Oh you're evil-" Janis was about to pick Cady up as they heard slow, agonizing, silent scratching on Janis front door. It was like nails scratching on a chalkboard. Terrifyingly irritating and painful to their ears.

Janis' heart picked up speed again as the scratching got louder, more painful.

She looked over at Cady who was obviously distressed. "Did someone follow you here?"

Cady shook her head, unable to speak. Janis' body was covered in chills as they scratched a third time. Louder and more aggressive.

Against her better judgment she turned the light off again and slowly made her way back to the front door, signaling Cady to stay where she was.

As she was about to open the blinds a little all of the sudden a blinding light appeared, only blocked by the closed blinds, still visible at the edges and through the tiny window on her door.

"What the-" This wasn't the sun. This wasn't any source of light she's ever seen or heard of. Janis didn't move until the light started flickering rapidly and the scratching on her door got louder, and someone tried to twist her doorknob. Janis turned and ran to Cady, grabbed her hand, and started to drag her into her bedroom, closing the door behind them.

"What's going on?"

"Who do you think I am, God?"

"You were at the door"

"That doesn't mean that I know what's going on!"

There was a loud bang at the other side of the hall. They're here.

Cady winced at the sounds of footsteps making their way inside and Janis pulled her towards her, pressing her hand over her mouth. Her right index finger slowly rose towards her lips. She motioned towards her bed indicating to hide under it. They crawled under it as quietly as they could, laying still, pressed against each other, listening to the slow footsteps coming closer to them.

Janis' heart was pounding against her ribcage, she could almost hear it beating rapidly.

She felt Cady's head against her side as she buried her face in it, preventing her from making any sound as the bedroom door started to open slowly with a loud creek.