Chapter 12: He's awake.

(SPOILERS FOR SEASON 6 EP 4 & 5)

At Jaku Hospital, Setsuko relentlessly turned one High-End after another into dust, her determination unwavering even as chaos unfolded around her.

She witnessed Mirko, injured but undeterred, sprinting toward the doctor. With a swift kick, Mirko shattered the glass case containing Shigaraki, but not without consequence—a High-End impaled her legs before Setsuko could intervene.

"Damn it!" Setsuko cursed quietly, urgency driving her movements. She swiftly dispatched the Nomus in her path, her focus solely on reaching the High-End threatening Mirko.

As Setsuko closed in, her quirk surged, disintegrating the Nomu with precision. Meanwhile, her grandfather tended to Mirko's wounds, the urgency of the situation palpable.

Mic surged forward, shattering the glass holding Shigaraki before the doctor could awaken him. Setsuko, torn between her duty and concern for her father, faced countless obstacles as she fought her way through the chaos.

Finally breaking free, Setsuko reached her father's side, where he lay beside a pro hero.

--------------------------

In the crumbling city, Shigaraki found himself surrounded by floating hands, a surreal scene that stirred memories and emotions.

"This place is..."

"Dad may say what he does, but everything will be okay! I'm rooting for you, Tenko!"

"Hana-Chan...?"

"Listen... I'm sorry... for showing you something I said was a secret..." Hana's voice echoed softly.

"It doesn't matter anymore," Shigaraki responded with a gentle smile, his demeanor reflecting a newfound understanding and acceptance.

"Hey, Tenko." His mother's voice cut through the haze, drawing his attention. "Do you still dream of being a hero? It's tough not knowing what might trigger your allergies, isn't it?"

"I'm fine now, Mom," Tenko assured her, his resolve firm.

"Tenko! You trespassed into my study, didn't you?!" His father's voice thundered, accompanied by a reaching hand. In response, Shigaraki instinctively turned his father into dust.

"Tomura!"

"Master! You bear a resemblance to Kurogiri now," Shigaraki noted.

"Come to me."

"Papa!" Shigaraki pivoted, his gaze landing on the girl beside him.

With her white hair and familiar eyes, she stirred distant memories. Memories of someone who once tended to his wounds, a young man with captivating grey eyes and snow-white hair, training to become a doctor.

"What was his name? He had such beautiful eyes and hair," Shigaraki pondered, his mind clouded.

"Papa! Are you alright?" The girl's concerned voice brought him back to the present.

"Who is she? And why is she calling me that?" Shigaraki questioned himself, confusion reigning in his foggy mind.

"She's inconsequential, Tomura. Focus on me," his master's voice beckoned.

"Master?"

"Papa! Don't heed his words, damn it! Snap out of it! Don't go to him! Come to me!" The urgency in the girl's plea resonated, but Shigaraki found himself torn.

With a shake of his head, he began to move towards his master, his family desperately clinging to him, torn between guiding him and holding him back.

He utilized his decay quirk on them, disregarding the pleas echoing in his ears.

"Papa! No! Please, don't!" The desperation in Setsuko's voice pierced through the chaos.

Shigaraki halted, his master growing increasingly impatient. "I don't even know you. So why should I listen to you?" he challenged Setsuko.

"You may not recognize me yet, but our paths will cross soon! In about two years, I'll come into existence. I'll be your daughter!" Setsuko implored, her voice tinged with urgency.

"My daughter...?" Shigaraki echoed, confusion flickering in his eyes.

Setsuko nodded earnestly. "Please, let's just go home. There's no need for this."

"Don't heed her, Tomura! Come here!" his master's voice interjected, laced with insistence.

Despite Setsuko's persistent calls, Shigaraki veered towards his master, oblivious to her pleas.

-------------------------------

Shigaraki jolted awake, a hero standing beside him. Swiftly, he enacted his decay, crumbling the hero and claiming his cape.

Scanning his surroundings, he searched for Setsuko, but she had vanished.

As they exited the charred room, Tokoyami soared in, his concern evident as he beheld Hawks' singed wings.

"Hawks-sensei! Are you alright?" Tokoyami inquired, his gaze wary as it flicked to the ominous figure standing nearby.

"He won't do anything. Right, dad?" Hato's smile held a hint of menace as he glanced at his father.

"I won't do anything, except ensure Hawks here is okay," Dabi affirmed, his tone resolute.

"I've got it handled, Nii-san," Hato declared with a grin, leaving Tokoyami dumbfounded.

Suddenly, the entire building trembled as a massive block of ice erupted from the ground. Hato swiftly secured his parents and whisked them out of harm's way, with Tokoyami trailing behind as they took flight.

"Don't impede Re-Destro any further! Your demise won't be swift, you government lackeys," a voice boomed.

"Geten," Dabi and Hawks groaned in annoyance.

"Well, dad, care to deal with that one?" Hato inquired.

"Ugh... fine. You watch over your mother," Dabi consented, preparing to descend before a familiar voice interrupted.

"I'd like to see you try, you icy bastard!" Itsuki's roar echoed. "Prominence Burn!" A wave of fire engulfed Geten's ice, melting it instantaneously.

"Yeah! Go, Itsuki!" Hato cheered. "And you spend too much time with Bakugou!"

"Shut up and lend me a hand!" Itsuki retorted.

"You heard her, dad. Go assist your niece," Hato urged.

With a scoff, Dabi leaped down, dissolving the ice projectiles Geten hurled at Itsuki before they could reach her. Together, the two fire-users engaged in combat against the ice manipulator.

------------------------------

In Jaku Hospital, panic ensued as the decay wave ravaged everything in its path.

Setsuko, positioned next to Aizawa, stepped forward, her hands outstretched in a desperate attempt to counter her father's onslaught. Yet, despite her efforts, his power proved overwhelming, rendering her attempts futile.

As the dust settled, only the area where Shigaraki stood remained intact, his daughter standing behind him amidst the wreckage.

"My head... it hurts! It's liberating to wield Decay with such control. Seems like the situation isn't ideal. Wasn't it supposed to begin once I awakened? Machia, it's time to commence. From here on out, we'll obliterate everything," Shigaraki declared.

Setsuko gazed at her father in horror, tears streaming down her cheeks, as the weight of his words sank in.